Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The World Cup Approacheth

Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #31
Bru
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Two days to the opening game. This country is going crazy . I hope SA ("Bafana Bafana") beat Mexico on Friday. The host country has never lost the opening game.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #32
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 683 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_eNVy_446 View Post
Hopefully somebody will know the answer to this question:

If a player gets a yellow card in a friendly does it ever roll over into official matches? I ask because Clint Dempsey was being an r-tard and got himself a yellow in the friendly against Australia. Is he going to have to be extra careful against England?
I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure that everyone starts the competition with a clean slate. This is not the case for many competitions, it all depends on which governing body the games are played under, but I think that this competition is played from scratch ignoring any previous infractions.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #33
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 683 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Netherlands, Spain, Brazil even.....All these predictions give me a chuckle. It's a knockout competition in the later stages and just about anything can happen. That's the beauty of this tournament.

Any true fan of any particular team will not boast about their prowess and skill or how they will thrash all comers, they will sit in front of the TV and crap their pants for 90 minutes.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #34
Gremlyn
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_eNVy_446 View Post
Hopefully somebody will know the answer to this question:

If a player gets a yellow card in a friendly does it ever roll over into official matches? I ask because Clint Dempsey was being an r-tard and got himself a yellow in the friendly against Australia. Is he going to have to be extra careful against England?
Yellow cards don't carry over, only reds affect the next game. I don't think the friendlies/warm-ups would have any bearing on the tournament with a red card though.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #35
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 211 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlyn1 View Post
Yellow cards don't carry over, only reds affect the next game. I don't think the friendlies/warm-ups would have any bearing on the tournament with a red card though.
Thank you. Yeah I know about red cards but for some reason I remember being in a tournament myself and a player got a yellow, which followed into the next game where he got a yellow and, thus, a soft red. And in saying that I'm trying my hardest not to appear to be a douche who doesn't take advice. I'm probably remembering things wrong but I just wanted confirmation. Sorry

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #36
ubermick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Netherlands, Spain, Brazil even.....All these predictions give me a chuckle. It's a knockout competition in the later stages and just about anything can happen. That's the beauty of this tournament.

Any true fan of any particular team will not boast about their prowess and skill or how they will thrash all comers, they will sit in front of the TV and crap their pants for 90 minutes.
Ah, but one of the benefits of Ireland being cheated out of their rightful place by the filthy sneaky French sasaenach bastards is that I'm not a true fan of any particular team at all in this tournament - I make my predictions and decisions from the safety of cold, hard, logic, haha!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #37
catspajamas
Recipes 

Quote:
you're right even reds in friendlies wont matter. friendly cards only count in that match.

but seriously, usa v england is either gonna be an awesome game or usa will play its typical train wreck style d. algeria is a decent enough team as well, but they play like the us. they either win impressive matches over tough opponents or get hammered. i could see it going to gd with usa and them for 2nd in group but hopefully not. usa plays good every other world cup and this is one of the good ones so im hoping for the best.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #38
Gremlyn
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

So I was just reading that Algeria is starting the Cup missing three players that were red carded in the Africa Nations Cup. Maybe official FIFA do events carry over.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #39
martinworswick
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

when are your 'football' players going to remove the padding and start playing rugby as it should be played?

as for the group stage, on paper, england top but as is the nature of these tournaments,anything can happen,and as i've been an england fan all my life i've seen numerous times just how difficult they can make it for themselves.

if they can manage to play consistently and to their full potential though,look out!

i'm not holding my breath to hard though!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #40
catspajamas
Recipes 

Quote:
So I was just reading that Algeria is starting the Cup missing three players that were red carded in the Africa Nations Cup. Maybe official FIFA do events carry over.
weird, i just looked that up cause i thought you were full of ****. good call though. doesnt make much sense since cup of nations is run by the acf not fifa. i'm guessing it must be the same deal with euro and gold cup then.

just 23 hours away.