So I just took my first FG sample and sip of a hefe I've had in primary for just shy of six days. First couple days of fermentation were ridiculously vigorous (looked like the wort was boiling below the surface -- I made the mistake of allowing too high a temperature early on) and it's been sorta quiet for the last two days or so. FG = 1.014, which is way off the recipe, and I didn't really get a good OG (what I got was so far from the recipe, I'm sure it was wrong).
That said, it tasted pretty good for warm beer. It's definitely well on it's way to being a decent beer, I think. I'm going to let it sit a few more days and keep doing FG samples.