Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Anyone Have A Good Coffee Soda Recipe

Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 AM   #1
Technobob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Anyone Have A Good Coffee Soda Recipe

I love coffee soda but it's so hard to find in retail stores I want to make my own. Does anyone have a good recipe they can share. I have tried using LorAnn coffee flavouring but it's a fake flavour although it was tasty. I've also tried instant coffee but the flavour tasted more like fizzy stale coffee.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 134 Posts

Start by cold-steeping coarsely ground coffee in 4 parts water for 12 hours. Room temperature is fine, but it will work in the fridge. Then filter using a French press or standard filters. The steeped coffee can be mixed with 2-3 parts cold water/milk/soy and sweetened to taste. Then bottle and carbonate. Alternately, sweeten the mix and add it to carbonated water.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-03-2010, 05:13 AM   #3
Technobob
Recipes 

I'll give that a try, is there a type of coffee that works best like light, medium, dark roast or is just a matter of taste.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
hrreich
Recipes 

Default Coffee Soda recipe

I would use Pur Java. It's a liquid coffee concentrate that's very smooth. You could make your own soda with it or purchase their coffee soda. www.purjava.com

Old 04-04-2012, 02:51 AM   #5
mease19
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Does anyone have experience carbonating coffee sodas with yeast? Will it work?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Redshrike
Recipes 

Default Coffee soda

I used to brew coffee soda using yeast. Sometimes it was REALLY good, some batches would be on the bitter side. Basic ingredients were strong brewed coffee, vanilla beans, raw sugar and a light ale yeast. I kept it at a less sweet side and once mixed, bottled it up in those heavy brown fliptop bottles. Only thing was when it sat longer in the bottle, opening them was like opening a bottle of champaign. Really thick foamy head. It was pretty cool.

mmm... I think I may need to make a batch. It's been years.

I was thinking about getting a soda stream machine and just carbonating strong coffee. REAL coffee soda is even a better idea.