Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Epic/Idiotic BrewDay - 3 batches, flying solo

Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #41
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 252 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude27 View Post
If I brewed 3 batches of beer in 1 day I'd end up with a hell of a hangover the next day. I tend to lose a lot of time to the "walk to the keg and refill" step in my brew schedule lol. I did a double batch (with decoct mash) and a single a few weeks ago, too much work and I'm not anxious to repeat it.
It was a lot of work for sure and let's just say things got a little loose in the late evening portion of the brewday. It was a pretty taxing day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaandy View Post
"Make certain that you allow about 3 hours + for "Murphy's Law" which will come into play in a situation such as this. Figure on finishing around midnight and you will be fine. Montanaandy"

Ok, so what do I win
Touche Montanaandy, touche. Well played, sir. I'm checking on the raffle prize.

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 06-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #42
brewnickbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

dcHokie - I see you are another runner/brewer like me. Thought I was the only one.
My self, I'm an Ultrarunner. Unlike you though, I am slow as dirt.

Good for you.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #43
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 252 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewnickbrew View Post
dcHokie - I see you are another runner/brewer like me. Thought I was the only one.
My self, I'm an Ultrarunner. Unlike you though, I am slow as dirt.

Good for you.
Whoa brewnick, I can't hold a candle to ultrarunning, now THAT is impressive. That's gotta be tough to balance that type of training and brewing. What sort of distances do you run/race? is that 50 miles, 100K?

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Old 07-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #44
brewnickbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcHokie View Post
Whoa brewnick, I can't hold a candle to ultrarunning, now THAT is impressive. That's gotta be tough to balance that type of training and brewing. What sort of distances do you run/race? is that 50 miles, 100K?
The furthest I've ran was 64 miles (slightly longer than a 100k.)
Been to 50+ miles a few times.
Most of my training runs are 20+, my longest training run was a 42 miler.
I attempted Javelina Jundred (100 miler) last October and had to drop out at 51 miles due to a back injury.
My little races are usually 50k's (31.1 miles). I am a distance person, but not fast at all. Wished I had that kind of speed.