Women's Forum Revisited - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Women's Forum Revisited

Old 12-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2206 Times on 776 Posts

On a few other forums I visit that are 99.9% males they have a forum for female's to discuss amongst themselves. A few are popular and a few aren't.

I'm curious to hear from the females on this forum if you think this is a good idea or not. A forum here just for women to discuss. Do you think other women will be attracted by this or it won't matter?

Register Now!

Old 12-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Wasn't there a big conversation about this a month or so ago? The consensus was, from all the women who posted (and there were several) was that it was a non-issue.

EDIT: Sorry, it was Beer Snob.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthre...n%27s+forum%22

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 12-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8028 Times on 5608 Posts

Well, I'm not sure it's necessary. It's a nice gesture but I don't know how much we'd use it. I read almost all of the posts, and they are pretty gender neutral. (Sorry if that sounds de-masculating to you guys). I don't know that I'd have any more in common with another woman brewer than I do the men. I've never been intimidated by any of the men or been afraid to say what's on my mind.

What I want from this forum is info on brewing, equipment, recipes, and ideas on how to improve. I'm getting all that with things they way they are.

Just my .02.

Lorena

Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #4
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Liked 87 Times on 69 Posts

I dig chicks like her!!!

(I mean that in a non-threatening, internet-friendly, gender neutral sort of way)

In all seriousness, I think such forums are a good idea when you have a younger, less mature crowd. But overall, I have been extremely impressed with the friendliness and maturity on this board. Sometimes I catch myself reverting back to old habits and then saying, "Behave yourself.. you're on HBT and these people are nice" It's really refreshing. So I don't think a chick forum is necessary, but I'm a guy, so what do I know?

Anyway, if you do decide to create a women's forum, I suggest you call it "Wenches Only!"

Old 12-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #5
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Sep 2006
Chickasha, OK.
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yee-OUCH on the "Wrenches Only" forum.