Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Looking for an extract stout recipe with good mouthfeel

Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Burgs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Looking for an extract stout recipe with good mouthfeel

I recently brewed Northern Brewer's breakfast stout kit and although I love the flavor, I'd have to agree with some of the reviews on their site that the mouthfeel is thin and a bit watery. It was a very low gravity beer and they sell it as drinkable for breakfast, so yeah... I get it. BUT - I definitely want my next stout to have some good body and mouthfeel to it.

Anyone out there on HBT who has brewed the regular Dry Irish Stout kit from NB - how did you like it?

Also looking at the "Twelfth Night Stout" and "Big Honkin Stout" recipes - anyone have experience with those?

Will definitely look at other non-NB extract recipes too! Thanks!