Where do you want to vacation? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Where do you want to vacation?

View Poll Results: Where's your ideal vacation?
Tropical! 10 27.03%
Mountains 9 24.32%
Foreign country 11 29.73%
Cruise 2 5.41%
Road trip 0 0%
Other (please specify) 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7845 Times on 5497 Posts

We go to an out island of the Bahamas every year called Eleuthera. It has fishing, endless sand, snorkeling, and few people. It's what we do to relax and recharge. What's your idea of a vacation?

Lorena

Old 12-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
desiderata

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Foreign Country. Of course, it all depends on which country, but overall, I would rather travel abroad, whether alone or with my family. Just like the more cosmopolitan experience, I guess. Gives one a better perspective of things.

Going to the tropics/cruise would be nice to get away from reality, but that's exactly what it is. It doesn't really open yourself up to other cultures, lifestyles (as well). Nothing wrong with that at times, just not my cup of tea.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

Difficult decisions...

I've vacationed in 49 of the 50 States, most of Canada and some of Mexico, Caribbean several times including cruises, lived in Germany for 9 years so I've seen almost all of Europe...Korea twice...

I wanted to do the Middle East and northern Africa, but couldn't talk the wife into it...too dangerous, she says...

The current plan is to retire in under 3 years...if we don't get to Alaska that will be our retirment trip...if we do, then Australia...until then maybe So. America...Machu Pichu for sure...

Old 12-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts

If it was up to me, I'd pack up and go camping and just wing it for a week. Every couple of year SWMBO wants to take a "big" vacation Disney a few years ago, etc. This past summer we drove for two weeks out west-Denver, Utah, then to SF area to visit my sister, then Mt Rushmore on the way home. I came home more stressed then when I left.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 12-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 152 Times on 143 Posts

Eleuthera is great! Went there a couple times while in the Navy and stationed in Antigua. If you scuba, this is heaven! The continental shelf is about a half mile out. Even if you just snorkel, it's great.

I traveled a lot up to about 45, since then it's just been brewery road trips up & down the west coast. I have an old RV which is really cranky, so I do 55 mph and just enjoy the trip. No more Virginia Beach to San Diego in five days.

I'll try a Brew Cruise one of these years.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-16-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
uwmgdman

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Oregon, WI
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Germany for the beer and bratwurst and the UK and Ireland for the pubs and golf courses.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #7
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 529 Times on 425 Posts

The last *real* vacation we had was going on our honeymoon, which we went to Montreal for a week. Being a hick from the sticks, getting a chance to spend a week in an old hotel, right downtown, being able to go to great restaurants and fine museums, seeing incredible music, just being encompassed in the vibe of a really cool city - that was really, really nice. Sitting on the small balcony of our room, smoking a cigar, drinking a bottle of Dom Perignon that one of her students gave us as a wedding present... if it were just the two of us, that would be my ideal vacation again.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 12-16-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

Anywhere

I have always wanted to just one day "go out for a walk" and end up coming home a few years later. Just go where ever my feet and wit take me. I always thought it was kind of a stupid idea until I met a guy while I was in the Navy that had done just that. He bought a ticket from Sydney to Hong Kong and then a ticket from San Fransisco to Sydney. He basicly walked and hitched rides from Hong Kong to where I met him (in Texas).

Old 12-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #9
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts

All of the above.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:18 PM   #10
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 168 Times on 88 Posts

I voted for what I would like to do. We never get to go on vacations so I guess it is just wishful thinking on my part.