Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Holy Grail of Label Materials...

Old 12-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
HomerT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Holy Grail of Label Materials...

Well, I have been searching for the Holy Grail of label stock. I have tried various sources, but I usually end up with either somehting that looks great, but doesn't stick....something that sticks and looks good but runs...somehting that looks good and sticks but is a major PIA to remove....etc.

Well, I think I have found it. We got a new color laser copier/printer at work. So I started looking for new label stock, having rejoiced that the inkjet stock I was using won't run anymore. I found this:

Avery #6464
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...oductcode=6464

3.33"x4" of removable laser shipping labels. With the laser, they end up shiny (and smudge-proof) like a real beer label. They stick well....And sure enough, they peel right off. I labeled four cases last night. For an example of how they look when finished, check my Crazy Uncle 2 thread.

Just thought some others might find this useful.

Todd

Old 12-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 456 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 109

I've seen those, I've actually bookmarked that link and looked for them at the local Staples, but I can't justify in my mind spending another $7 or so per batch, just to label the bottles. I'm thinking I will start labelling, but I'm going to try the milk trick with regular paper (and company-paid ink ).

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Erbium:YAG

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Great find...I have always been sceptical about labeling my beer for all the above reasons; so I simply haven't. Thanks to your find, I'll have a go at it...just another fun part of the hobby now. Thanks for post.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
Erbium:YAG

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

skeptical...I hate it when I make a stupid spelling mistake...it just irks me

Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
Torchiest

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
I've seen those, I've actually bookmarked that link and looked for them at the local Staples, but I can't justify in my mind spending another $7 or so per batch, just to label the bottles. I'm thinking I will start labelling, but I'm going to try the milk trick with regular paper (and company-paid ink ).
I understand your concern. You should do what I do. I only label the bottles I'm giving away, and even then, if I'm giving somebody more than one of the same type, I'll only label one or two of them. That way, they get to enjoy the cool label, but I'm not wasting tons of them on bottles I'm going to just drink and re-use in a couple weeks.
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

Old 12-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #6
Wheat King

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchiest
I understand your concern. You should do what I do. I only label the bottles I'm giving away...
same here. i drink unlabelled bottles, and throw a label on a bottle right before i gift it.
Conditioning:
Drinking:
Next:

Old 12-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #7
HomerT
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I label all of mine. For me, its another fun aspect of the hobby. Plus, I like the look of the fridge, especially when we have guests or a party...they can just grab what they want...and usually comment on the rows of different labels.

-Todd