Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Last Call- Any interest in a UP brewday?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #121
lschiavo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 917 Times on 611 Posts
Likes Given: 699

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
I'm heading home in a few minutes. I'll go check the inventory. Let's do 15 gallons of that recipe, minus the Golden Naked Oats of course.

If we do two 7.5 gallon mashes, and combine, we can go with the original recipe just times three. I'll bring out the brewing sheets (I don't have Beersmith on the laptop). Or, can you put Beersmith on two computers? If so, I can download Beersmith to this laptop and we can do it at the cottage.

Lschiavo, Ron called and woke me up this morning. He said that your dad told him that you're out of beer! Not true, is it?
Sounds like a plan. I just emailed you a scaled version of the original. Look it over and make any adjustments you feel necessary.

Are you sure you were awake? That sounds like a nightmare to me! I still have 20+ gallons.

What should I bring? I have Ed's Pale and the DFH60 IPA. The IPA is a little different...I ran out of Amarillo and had to use mostly Simcoe for dry hop so it will be a little different than yours.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #122
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5770 Times on 4130 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Sounds like a plan. I just emailed you a scaled version of the original. Look it over and make any adjustments you feel necessary.

Are you sure you were awake? That sounds like a nightmare to me! I still have 20+ gallons.

What should I bring? I have Ed's Pale and the DFH60 IPA. The IPA is a little different...I ran out of Amarillo and had to use mostly Simcoe for dry hop so it will be a little different than yours.
Oh, you know me! Bring the IPA! I have an IPA and an APA available. I might bring the APA, since it's Bob's favorite.

I'll check over the recipe. I looked at my version (two 7.5 gallon recipes) and it looks like we need 6 ounces of cascade and 6 ounces of centennial, and 3 ounces of magnum.

Xiang, can you bring the cascade and centennial hops? I'm low on centennial, but I have plenty of magnum. I do have some cascades, if you don't have any.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 07-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #123
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Well, I just took a whiff of my yeast starter, from a washed yeast.

It was my last saved bit of Denny's favorite. It's sour and not good smelling.

Does anybody mind using dry yeast? Or anybody have a yeast for themselves? I have a couple of packages of S05, and a couple of S04, and several of Nottingham. No liquid yeast anymore, except for pacman that would need a starter.

Any ideas?

Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #124
xiang
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Lets do 15 gallons. I think it may actually be easier. We can split the mash and boil in your 20gal kettle. I am planning to bring my Therminator/pump for chilling. What kind of outlet do you have on your kettle? I'm set up with 1/2-in hose barbs to connect the pump. If you have something different we may have to adapt.
I have an 1/2-in hose barb on the ball valve.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #125
xiang
Recipes 

Quote:
Well, I just took a whiff of my yeast starter, from a washed yeast.

It was my last saved bit of Denny's favorite. It's sour and not good smelling.

Does anybody mind using dry yeast? Or anybody have a yeast for themselves? I have a couple of packages of S05, and a couple of S04, and several of Nottingham. No liquid yeast anymore, except for pacman that would need a starter.

Any ideas?
Dry yeast is fine. I have one pack of s-05, several of s-04's and Nottingham.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #126
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiang View Post
Dry yeast is fine. I have one pack of s-05, several of s-04's and Nottingham.
ok, bring whatever yeast you want to use for your 5 gallons. I have the rest here at the cottage in the fridge.

What about hops? I can buy some tomorrow (centennial) if we need them.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #127
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3171 Times on 2192 Posts
Likes Given: 1934

We're in Escanaba. Set up the tents and had dinner at H&H Brewpub. Everyone was tired so we went back to campground right after eating.

H&H was pretty nice and the beer I had was good. Now the nice, peaceful campground features a guy with a mullet, and another camp blaring classic rock. At least it's not country, I guess. Oh, and the skeeters have found their dinner too!

Can't wait for the party! I wish I would have chevked the forums last night gefore bed, I could have brought all kinds of hops!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #128
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
We're in Escanaba. Set up the tents and had dinner at H&H Brewpub. Everyone was tired so we went back to campground right after eating.

H&H was pretty nice and the beer I had was good. Now the nice, peaceful campground features a guy with a mullet, and another camp blaring classic rock. At least it's not country, I guess. Oh, and the skeeters have found their dinner too!

Can't wait for the party! I wish I would have chevked the forums last night gefore bed, I could have brought all kinds of hops!
We've got the hops under control. Some campground you're at! At least it's not country music. I think all of the radio stations (except for two) are bad country music.

We'll have my favorite music tomorrow- lschiavo is bringing speakers for IPODs. I plan on my absolute favorite brewing music- 90s grunge.

We made sure the pontoon boat has plenty of gas, and we've got plenty of room.

I don't know what you guys are planning exactly- but Bob pulled out the Ottawa map, and I can show you a couple of waterfalls that would be on your way to Houghton. Of course, that's for daylight hours. Bond Falls is on the way, and it's really a nice waterfall that the kids should love.

We have firewood ready for a fire tomorrow night- let's hope it doesn't rain again!

Old 07-10-2010, 04:21 AM   #129
lschiavo

Recipes 

Quote:
We've got the hops under control. Some campground you're at! At least it's not country music. I think all of the radio stations (except for two) are bad country music.

We'll have my favorite music tomorrow- lschiavo is bringing speakers for IPODs. I plan on my absolute favorite brewing music- 90s grunge.

We made sure the pontoon boat has plenty of gas, and we've got plenty of room.

I don't know what you guys are planning exactly- but Bob pulled out the Ottawa map, and I can show you a couple of waterfalls that would be on your way to Houghton. Of course, that's for daylight hours. Bond Falls is on the way, and it's really a nice waterfall that the kids should love.

We have firewood ready for a fire tomorrow night- let's hope it doesn't rain again!
No rain! Cross your fingers!

Old 07-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #130
lschiavo

Recipes 

HAPPY BREWDAY! Weather channel says sunny and 80! See ya in a few hours.