I will be bottling 3- 5gal batches of wine in the next month and starting some more batches so it is time for a wine rack. I just moved, but I am still renting a house so I am planning a wine rack that can be broken down and used to transport the wine the next time I move. After moving 250 bottles of beer in cardboard boxes I don’t want to repeat that with wine.
1) Each square can be used as a box to transport the wine.
2) Boxes are tall enough to stack, i.e. taller that wine bottles
3) Easily assembled and disassembled.
4) Expandable so I can add more as I need to
5) Simple and repeatable to produce
6) Boxes hold appro 16 bottles
Here are my first thoughts and renditions. Outside of box 15”x15”x15” I think pictures speak louder than words.
At the moment the boxes are bolted together, this won’t make for easy disassembly once the rack is full so I am looking to improve on this. All comments are welcome I have thick skin so point out any problems you may see. Design will be made from wood (probably 1/2"x4'x8' sheets of oak or fir plywood) I will be stopping by Lowes and home depot to check what is available and for what price.
Edit: By the way this was my lunch time model so it was done quick and dirty for concept.