Incredible Mulk's American Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IncredibleMulk

Reaction score
Recipe Type
Partial Mash
Yeast
Wyeast 1056
Yeast Starter
None
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
(SRM) 5.2 L
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
21 days 65 degrees
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
None
Tasting Notes
This beer is light and pleasing to homebrewers and the BMC crowd alike.
5.5 lbs Extra Pale Liquid Extract
1 lbs 6 Row
1 lbs CaraPils
.5 lbs Corn (Flaked)

1 oz. Hallertauer Hersbrucker (60 min)
1 oz. Cascade (10 min)
1 oz. Williamette (2 min)

Wyeast 1056 American Ale

Mash the grains for 45 min at 152 degrees and sparge with 3 quarts of 170 degree water.

This beer was an instant hit at my house and loved by the BMC crowd and homebrewers alike. The cascade hops provide an amazing aroma and the corn adds a very nice nuance to the flavor.

I'll post a few pictures of mine in the next day or two.
:mug:

Looks like I found what I was looking for. I am going to brew this up in a week or two, after my current ingredients are used up.. Are the pics ready yet? I am thinking about splitting a batch in half and start experiementing with jalapenos.

I have to say "Thank you". First for reminding me about pictures and secondly for reminding me that I haven't had one of these in a while. Cracked one open tonight to get a picture and am on my second! AWESOME! :mug:

I think you'll really like this brew and I'd be interested to hear how the jalapeno batch turns out! Please let me know...I might give that a shot if it turns out good!

I just brewed this again for the first time in over a year. This time I'm trying it with WLP080 Cream Ale Yeast Blend instead of the 1056. I'm very interested to see how this changes it. I'll post to let you know.

I just brewed this again for the first time in over a year. This time I'm trying it with WLP080 Cream Ale Yeast Blend instead of the 1056. I'm very interested to see how this changes it. I'll post to let you know.

How did the cream ale yeast work out? Just brewed a similar 10g recipe and used cream ale yeast in one and pacific ale in the other.

Sorry for the slow response...I actually REALLY liked the WLP080 Cream Ale Yeast Blend. I expected it to be a little "cleaner" than it was with the 1056. It was a little crisper and dryer with the WLP080.

Back