Hey Cheeseheads, If You've Nothing Else To Do Memorial Weekend - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > Hey Cheeseheads, If You've Nothing Else To Do Memorial Weekend

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,507
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts



Kohler Festival of Beer
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
lschiavo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
lschiavo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Upper Peninsula of..., Michigan
Posts: 4,755
Liked 1112 Times on 754 Posts


Dont exclude us Yoopers. We are mostly cheeseheads here anyway.

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Sorry, a bit of a rant. The fest looks cool. Its on my calender.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
glenn514
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
glenn514's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Marengo, Illinois
Posts: 1,377
Liked 328 Times on 186 Posts


Hey, Ischiavo...

Somewhere back in the deep, dark recesses of my "eddication" I recall that, prior to becoming a state, the territory of Wisconsin [spelled quite differently, I think] included the UP as well as the northern counties of Illinois AND the "arrowhead" of Minnesota! If all of that would have become a state, it would have been bigger than Texas <ahem> and Chicago would have been in Wisconsin! Exactly why those three pieces of land were removed...I have no idea!

glenn514

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,762
Liked 8028 Times on 5608 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Dont exclude us Yoopers. We are mostly cheeseheads here anyway.

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Sorry, a bit of a rant. The fest looks cool. Its on my calender.
Bernie and lschiavo, if you're not going to Kohler, we're having a fish fry at the cottage on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. You're always welcome if you don't have anything better to do.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,507
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Dont exclude us Yoopers. We are mostly cheeseheads here anyway.

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Sorry, a bit of a rant. The fest looks cool. Its on my calender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Bernie and lschiavo, if you're not going to Kohler, we're having a fish fry at the cottage on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. You're always welcome if you don't have anything better to do.
Because whenever I invite Yooper to something around here, she doesn't show up. So her honorary cheesehead moniker is in jeopardy . And if hers is in jeopardy, then all Yoopers mus be included in that. So blame her.
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,762
Liked 8028 Times on 5608 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
Because whenever I invite Yooper to something around here, she doesn't show up. So her honorary cheesehead moniker is in jeopardy . And if hers is in jeopardy, then all Yoopers mus be included in that. So blame her.
BS! I've come all the way to Milwaukee a couple of times. I couldn't come to the last brew day because my free place to stay isn't there any more!

Oh, and Bernie- how many times exactly have you come north to attend one of my invites? Yeah. That's what I thought.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,507
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
BS! I've come all the way to Milwaukee a couple of times. I couldn't come to the last brew day because my free place to stay isn't there any more!

Oh, and Bernie- how many times exactly have you come north to attend one of my invites? Yeah. That's what I thought.

Ha! I KNEW you were gonna say that!!! But you only come to Milwaukee when ollllo or Dude comes to town, not when one of us lowly locals sends you and invite! So there. Nyah.



EDIT: Your free place to stay? What happened to Sause? Why am I the last one to hear about these things????

Oh, and you know I have lots of room.......you coulda stayed here.
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memorial Weekend Wheat Questions Sully123 General Beer Discussion 0 05-07-2009 01:11 AM
My Memorial Day Weekend Keg Setup Jonnio Bottling/Kegging 13 09-24-2008 06:39 PM
What to Brew Memorial Weekend? Reverend JC General Beer Discussion 7 05-21-2008 10:53 PM
What Brewing this Memorial Day Weekend? Brewsmith General Beer Discussion 28 05-31-2006 12:41 AM


Forum Jump