Adjusting Perlick Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisendrath

Reaction score
I just bought and installed two Perlick 525ss faucets on my kegorator. Are they adjustible? they do pour just fine but I really have to push the handle quite a bit to make them stop dripping. The e-bay auction indicated they were "faucets are used but have been cleaned and rebuilt (o rings)" Should they drip? Also, barely have to touch the handles to get them to start pouring. Is this right? Shouldn't the 12psi of the beer against the o-ring hold it closed all by itself?
:mug:
Eisendrath

my 525's do open extremely easy - took me a while to get used to. When I close them, I do feel a bit of a "pop" as the pressure helps to close the valve. I don't have to push on them at all to get them to seal closed and they never leak.

If I were you, I wouldn't trust that the o-rings were replaced - or maybe not done correctly. Look into a replacement set and take the faucets apart to see what's going on.

The nut where the handle comes out may need tightned. Of the 6 brand new ones I bought....2 wew loose and would'nt shut off. A quarter turn fixed it.

Tightened the knut, worked them out for a week now and they seem fine. Thanks for the advice.

Now I just have to figure out a way to keep the cats away from the handles before I have a couple of 5 gallon puddles on the floor,,, talk about alcohol abuse...:tank:

Back