My kgerator build. - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > My kgerator build.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #31
NelsonKyle1987
Recipes 

Nov 2011

Where are you finding these blue temp controller. i asked dwyer but they said i would have to order more then 100 for them to make the TS2-010 blue. if you could let me know that would be great, in the process of making a Keezer pics to come soon!!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #32
whiskeyjack
Recipes 

Jan 2011
quincy, il
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Thanks for the information, I plan on doing this in the near future. Any one know if the Frigidaire 4.4 will still hold 2 cornies and a 5 lb tank ? I know they change models from time to time.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #33
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyjack View Post
Thanks for the information, I plan on doing this in the near future. Any one know if the Frigidaire 4.4 will still hold 2 cornies and a 5 lb tank ? I know they change models from time to time.
They have recently changed the model number, but basically the same fridge, a quick search here on HBT will reveal the new model number.

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

Old 04-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #34
zymurph
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Dallas, TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I bought the newer fridge from Lowe's 3 weeks ago. It will fit 2 cornys, but the door requires some modification. From what I've read in the other threads, the Best-Buy version doesn't require any modification to fit two. It's $10 more new.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #35
rekoob
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Norfolk, VA
Liked 107 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzengiggle View Post
Just bumping this bad boy, because it is the schnizznit!

BTW, I finished my fermentation chamber...finally.

Attachment 24361

Attachment 24362
you have any link on this build? is that a chest freezer? right now I have a keezer (about 2' x 2') that just holds four 1/6th kegs or corney kegs, although I only have three taps, use the last spot for cold conditioning and the reserve keg. I ran the gas lines outside so I can use my 20lb tank and I hung that on the side so I could see the gage, otherwise I would have hung it from the back.
I just got a free fridge that I will be using as a fermentation chamber but will be limited to one carboy unless I change to fermenting in kegs i could fit two in there. I considered making the keezer the fermentation chamber but then I would be down to two beers on tap.
I haven't tried a full size keg in the fidge yet but that might be an option for a 10 gal batch.
let me know how you made this, like the looks.
also, love the how the kegerator turned out!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #36
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoob View Post
you have any link on this build? is that a chest freezer? right now I have a keezer (about 2' x 2') that just holds four 1/6th kegs or corney kegs, although I only have three taps, use the last spot for cold conditioning and the reserve keg. I ran the gas lines outside so I can use my 20lb tank and I hung that on the side so I could see the gage, otherwise I would have hung it from the back.
I just got a free fridge that I will be using as a fermentation chamber but will be limited to one carboy unless I change to fermenting in kegs i could fit two in there. I considered making the keezer the fermentation chamber but then I would be down to two beers on tap.
I haven't tried a full size keg in the fidge yet but that might be an option for a 10 gal batch.
let me know how you made this, like the looks.
also, love the how the kegerator turned out!
There is a link in my sig at the bottom of each of my posts that says DIY Fermentation Chamber, click on that, and it will take you to my build.

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box