My kgerator build. - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators & Keezers > My kgerator build.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #21
jmo88
Recipes 
 
Sep 2008
Seattle
Posts: 1,380
Liked 23 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzengiggle View Post
Is it okay that I bump this because I am so uber proud of it, and no one has bothered to comment
Kudos!. I might add a temp control to mine as well (same model) but not anytime soon. Did you add the fan for the tower or just to circulate throughout the inside to help the accuracy of the temp controller? I used 15'' copper pipes and haven't had the need for any further cooling to the tower.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #22
Flomaster
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Orange, Ca
Posts: 2,149
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts


that LOVE controller with blue LED looks Titties. what did that run you $65 ish?

-=Jason=-



 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #23
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,560
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo88 View Post
Kudos!. I might add a temp control to mine as well (same model) but not anytime soon. Did you add the fan for the tower or just to circulate throughout the inside to help the accuracy of the temp controller? I used 15'' copper pipes and haven't had the need for any further cooling to the tower.
I just wanted to circulate the cold air to improve the cooling efficiency, I found that having it run constantly reduced cooling efficiency (it cycled more), having the fan come on while the compressor was running improves the cooling efficiency over not having any circualtion at all, plus it helped reduce the condensation, but far from eliminated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flomaster View Post
that LOVE controller with blue LED looks Titties. what did that run you $65 ish?

-=Jason=-
It's $10 more for the blue or green LED that Love offers, but Blue to me seemed to eminate cold, so it was worth it, however, the six week lead time sucked balls!, I ordered two after the order for the kegerator, I wanted one for my soon t be chest freezer fermentation chamber!

But yeah it is the tits! Thanks for the compliment. $10 buck ain't gonna break my bank, and it's what I wanted, so there it is!
__________________
follow me @ Broken Glass Brewery

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 AM   #24
ClaudiusB
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,350
Liked 98 Times on 75 Posts


Quote:
Is it okay that I bump this because I am so uber proud of it comment
GREAT JOB



Cheers,
ClaudiusB

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #25
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,560
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts


Thanks Claudius! I couldn't have done it without your help!

Did you make it to GABF after all?
__________________
follow me @ Broken Glass Brewery

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:37 AM   #26
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,560
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts


Just bumping this bad boy, because it is the schnizznit!

BTW, I finished my fermentation chamber...finally.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2587.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	24361

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2590.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	24362
__________________
follow me @ Broken Glass Brewery

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
WhiskeyR
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Houston, TX
Posts: 168
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


Great job! This thread is very helpful to me as I am soon to be undertaking the same project. Seeing your pictures and descriptions is very helpful. Well done.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #28
mcubed45
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Honolulu, HI
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzengiggle View Post

It's $10 more for the blue or green LED that Love offers, but Blue to me seemed to eminate cold, so it was worth it, however, the six week lead time sucked balls!, I ordered two after the order for the kegerator, I wanted one for my soon t be chest freezer fermentation chamber!

But yeah it is the tits! Thanks for the compliment. $10 buck ain't gonna break my bank, and it's what I wanted, so there it is!

Did you order from Dwyer?

Any reason not to just go with the TSX3? Seems they regularly stock the blue one for $70. Same price, more features, no order lag time?

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Te...sTSX3/Ordering


 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:11 AM   #29
Schnitzengiggle
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,560
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mcubed45 View Post
Did you order from Dwyer?

Any reason not to just go with the TSX3? Seems they regularly stock the blue one for $70. Same price, more features, no order lag time?

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Te...sTSX3/Ordering
Didn't need all the extras, and I have no idea what the price was then compared to now, or what colors they stocked.

If I knew then what I know now, thne my decision may have been different, but I got what I have, and I am happy with it.

Chalk it up to noobism, or poor research if you want, but I have no need for heating in my kegerator, probably won't need it in my ferm chamber since it is indoors, and will definitely not need it in my chest freezer when I convert it to a keezer.

Beyond that I have fan wired up to my controllers without issues as well. I guess the option for heat in the ferm chamber would have been nice, but whatever.

Thanks for the heads up though, if i need a dual/tri stage controller I know what I'll get.

BTW, I like the jedi blue and green, not hte sith red, lol
__________________
follow me @ Broken Glass Brewery

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #30
mcubed45
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Honolulu, HI
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzengiggle View Post
Didn't need all the extras, and I have no idea what the price was then compared to now, or what colors they stocked.

If I knew then what I know now, thne my decision may have been different, but I got what I have, and I am happy with it.

Chalk it up to noobism, or poor research if you want, but I have no need for heating in my kegerator, probably won't need it in my ferm chamber since it is indoors, and will definitely not need it in my chest freezer when I convert it to a keezer.

Beyond that I have fan wired up to my controllers without issues as well. I guess the option for heat in the ferm chamber would have been nice, but whatever.

Thanks for the heads up though, if i need a dual/tri stage controller I know what I'll get.

BTW, I like the jedi blue and green, not hte sith red, lol
cool cool. blue is so sexy.

right now the TS2 is $58 + $10 for blue upgrade

TSX3 is $70 and kept in stock.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Bar Build BrooklynBrew Kegerators & Keezers 17 04-20-2010 02:14 PM
Here's my build! jiggs_casey Brew Stands 12 01-10-2010 07:15 AM
My MLT build GreenMonti Kettles, Mash Tuns & Hot Liquor Tanks 13 12-30-2009 04:27 AM
Brew Stand - Build yourself or get someone else to build? Stevorino Equipment/Sanitation 36 12-23-2009 05:53 PM
New IC build Plug1 Chillers & Stir Plates 8 03-26-2009 05:09 PM


Forum Jump