Attachment Washer on Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
Is this a must have? I lost mine and need CO2 ASAP.
If so what size do I need and can I pick one up at HD oe Lowes?

Thanks for the quick responce

Cheers :mug:

The plastic washer? If so...yeah, it's kinda important. Not sure if HD or Lowes carries it but your LHBS should. When you find them buy 10 because they're cheap, and when you loose it........

I got my replacement at the welding shop where I get my CO2 swapped. They knew exactly what I needed when I asked.

I got my replacement at the welding shop where I get my CO2 swapped. They knew exactly what I needed when I asked.

That worked for me too. I stopped by the local gas shop and told the clerk what I was looking for and he actually have me a small bag (after counting them there were 10 in the bag) of them for FREE.

Thanks for the responces :mug:

Out of curiosity - how often do folks replace these washers? Do you run with them until they fail (costly waste of gas!), replace it every time you fill your tank, or something in between?

the fiber ones are somewhat reusable, plastic ones really aren't.. airgas gives me a new one with a tank exchange so i replace it everytime i take the regulator off.

the fiber ones are somewhat reusable, plastic ones really aren't.. airgas gives me a new one with a tank exchange so i replace it everytime i take the regulator off.

I always thought it was the fiber ones that were one time usage and plastic worked many times. I figured the fiber crushed and was no longer good. Not really sure on that however as my main reg has a built in Quad ring so I don't use any other gaskets.

Anyway those washers are cheap or free with gas so might as well get new ones each time.

Back