Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > brew day audible

Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
chefmike
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default brew day audible

I am currently brewing my first bavarian weiss of the year.

I was going to rack the 2nd 5 gallons of blonde ale from a batch and clean that fermenter and use it. Racked the 1st 5 gallons Wednesday.

I heard the thing bubble in the fermentation chamber. Didnt really think about it.

I went to rack it, pop the lid (bucket) and it has a big yeast pillow and only break sediment on the bottom. WTF? it is sitting at 1.022 and slowly going. I put it back in the fermentation chamber.

This was put on yeast on 4/16. I split the batch and split the starter. They were fermenting next to each other. I am drinking the first one. ??????

I guess it just stalled out.

Ahh well. I have fermenters for the other. but wow. That is crazy. I have not seen that before.

Building: gardens, recipes, and trailer mounted smoker/ wood pizza oven