Boil Kettle Screen/Filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfernoBrews

Reaction score
So after posting about what people use in their boil kettles T-Screens, Bazooka, etc.. I ran to the local Stores looking for Scrubbie's. After five different stores with no luck i headed to the Hardware store went to the drain section and the strainers caught my eye.. So it cost me a total of $6.45 to build and is all Stainless. I posted pics of everything Worked better than i thought!

IMG00162-20100501-1811.jpg

IMG00163-20100501-1811.jpg

IMG00164-20100501-1811.jpg

IMG00165-20100501-1812.jpg

Looks good. How much hops have your used it with? Any clogging issues? What's the perforated bottom piece?

Looks good. How much hops have your used it with? Any clogging issues? What's the perforated bottom piece?

Looks great! I'd be interested in knowing if there's any clogging issues as well

I have had no Clogging.. I do Use a Draw String hop Bag in my Kettle For my Hops.. Even when i use Irish Moss it has not Clogged.. Its def collected on and around it but has not Restricted at all!

Looks real simple and inexpensive but I would bet that if you were not screening your hops in a bag that thing would clog badly. There is not much surface area. I bag my hops too and I don't screen my wort at all.

Looks real simple and inexpensive but I would bet that if you were not screening your hops in a bag that thing would clog badly. There is not much surface area. I bag my hops too and I don't screen my wort at all.

No doubt it would most likely clog up.. I did it for insurance.. and when i use other spices etc

I am using just the sink strainer for mine... It can get clogged with pellet hops pretty easily... Been using bags just in case...

I'm using a stainless braid and it clogged badly with pellet hops yesterday. Had to sanitize my hands/arms and reach in and coax the hops away from it the whole time I was racking to fermenter. Looking for a better option without bagging my hops, though I may end up doing that eventually.

Latest posts

Back