mixing extracts - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > mixing extracts

Old 12-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
emmpeethree
Recipes 

Nov 2006

i've made 1 batch with extracts and im returning all of my inventory.

i discovered the "bag in a box" kits and have used a brew house kit which is much faster, easier, cleaner and --- better!

the price is even cheaper for bag in a box by the time you factor in the additional malt extract you have to add to makea coopers kit worth drinking.

however i'm left with 2 opened coopers cans, a mexican cerveza and a draught. unopened i have another cerveza, another draught and a "real ale"

i was planning to add two kits to make a 5 gallon batch to get decent tasting beer, but now i realize it's really not worth it, ill stick ot the brewhouse stuff.

is it ok to add my two opened packages (by opened, i mean the lid exposing the yeast is offf, but tin still stealed) together, the draught and the cerveza?

will i get a hybrid beer - or is it just a bad idea?

Old 12-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
Ellie-ut
Recipes 

Nov 2006
Upstate NY

I dont think that would be a problem really

It just wont be what they say on the label, but a draught and a cervesa are both pretty light so you will get something really light, right? I might add an extra dose of hops or two just for fun.

I think if you go onto beertools.com and look up the recipe you are using you will get an idea of the color and the ibu's