Weird looking wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancphotog

Reaction score
So, 7 days ago I brewed a Blue Moon clone extract kit. I popped the top yesterday and took a look and it looked a bit strange to me. This is my first wheat and the first brew with spices and orange peel. There is some stuff on top with some bubbles. Mind you, I left the orange peels and corriander in the primary. Also, I couldn't help but leave some hops in there. It just worries me because after looking at some of the "oh no, Infection" threads a lot of their posts had bubbles. It also looks a bit darker than when I brewed. Any advice would be appreciated.
photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

looks like normal yeast, coriander, and orange peal floating on top. unless they are turning furry i wouldn't worry about it. let it sit two more weeks then bottle. i would suggest putting a hops bag on the outlet of your siphon to strain out any bits the siphon picks up.

Great news! Thanks, guys. The bubbles are what worried me. I didn't see this is my previous batches. I'll keep an eye our for fur.

Back