Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Making your own tri-clamp fittings

Old 04-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Moby
I need more gadgets....
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Making your own tri-clamp fittings

So, I'm interested in taking my pathetic welding skills for a ride and try to make a tri-clamp fitting or two for myself (mostly just to get myself by while I wait for the ones the professionals like Derrin and Swagman make to arrive).

But in my research, I've not been able to locate the barbed parts that would be welded onto a drilled triclamp cap. Likewise, I'm not sure of a source for the NPT portions either.

Has anyone seen a decent source for these?

Thanks in advance!

Moby

Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I am no sure about this but I think Sawgman has a lathe and purchases 304 Stainless steel round bar to turns it into the barb. I also think he threads the male stainless tube stock himself. The female NPT looks to be a coupling. This is just a guess but I could be wrong. PM Swagman to find out for sure.