Day 3 with no beer - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Day 3 with no beer

Old 04-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

I really hate being sick! Can't taste a blasted thing and as congested as I am already, alcohol would be a bad idea anyway. Tonight I'm going to miss the HoV meeting at Calapooia brewery. Feel like this without the benefits of imbibing.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 04-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8030 Times on 5609 Posts

That stinks! I had the swine flu and didn't drink for about a week. That's how my husband knew I was deathly sick, I guess.

I'll have one on your behalf tonight. I know you're not a hophead, so I'll lift a Vienna lager to your health in a few hours.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5020 Times on 3390 Posts

Missed this one. FWIW I had an Anchor Steam last night and I'll raise it in your honor postmortem. (oh, that was a bad choice of words!)

Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 AM   #4
Hound_Dog

Recipes 

Apr 2009

I'm on day 11 right now. Damn post surgical instructions.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
Xtant
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Lexington, KY
Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

72 days.

Before that, my dry spell was 160 days.

I have at least 60 more days to go...

Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3201 Times on 1889 Posts

You could just drink crappy beer.....you wont notice the difference.

Hope you feel better soon.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA

Except I don't have any crappy beer and can't bring myself to buy any. If I just wanted to consume alcohol, I have plenty of apple wine. Still coughing and wheezing though, so no. I think this is my longest dry period in a decade.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3201 Times on 1889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42 View Post
Except I don't have any crappy beer and can't bring myself to buy any. If I just wanted to consume alcohol, I have plenty of apple wine. Still coughing and wheezing though, so no. I think this is my longest dry period in a decade.
If you drink enough applewine, you will just pass out and it won't matter that you are sick and that you want beer.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD
Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts

I once stopped drinking for four months at the advice of my doctor. Long story.

Biggest thing now is to take care of yourself and not stress or worry about what you don't have. Focus on feeling better. Best of luck.

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant View Post
72 days.

Before that, my dry spell was 160 days.

I have at least 60 more days to go...
You have my sympathy and thanks for serving. Never got any beer on the sub, but my longest deployment was only 59 days.