Ever wanted to watch a fellow homebrewer stung by a bee? - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Ever wanted to watch a fellow homebrewer stung by a bee?

Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #21
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 699 Times on 514 Posts

I just watched the full version.

There are many qualities that I admire in people. Dedication, the pioneer spirit, invention, ability over adversity......

The one quality that I admire most in anyone is idiocy.

I admire your qualities, sir!

Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #22
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
the sun
Liked 329 Times on 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroosBrewz View Post
It cost me just about the same to start beekeeping as it did to set up my 4 corny kegerator....
well, when you put it like that Thanks for putting it into a language I can understand

Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 AM   #23
GroosBrewz

Recipes 

Sep 2008
West Richland, WA, WA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
I just watched the full version.

There are many qualities that I admire in people. Dedication, the pioneer spirit, invention, ability over adversity......

The one quality that I admire most in anyone is idiocy.

I admire your qualities, sir!
Thanks? I think? LOL
The full version really does show my ineptitude much more than the edited version..
Tap 4- Dicks Danger Ale Clone

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Old 04-23-2010, 02:57 AM   #24
GroosBrewz

Recipes 

Sep 2008
West Richland, WA, WA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
well, when you put it like that Thanks for putting it into a language I can understand
Of course.. As we all know the language of beer is the first one spoken here...

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Old 04-25-2010, 07:43 PM   #25
GroosBrewz

Recipes 

Sep 2008
West Richland, WA, WA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Damn it.. Got stung again today! I wasn't even near the hive! I think I need to make some homebrew...

Old 04-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #26
Austin_

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Damn it.. Got stung again today! I wasn't even near the hive! I think I need to make some homebrew...
Every time you get stung all you have to do is think of the delicious mead you will have in the future. At least that's what I'd do.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:20 AM   #27
nebben

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Now legal in Utah
Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Aw man, that sucks! I got hurt by chicken wire , but so far no bee injuries to me today. They were so cooperative, it was amazing.

The worst thing though, is I've had "Eye of the tiger" in my head all weekend, with thoughts of me running around the yard blasting the smoker everywhere...

ANywho, I'll keep my bees' progress updated too and keep checking on yours too. Its fun stuff so far!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:40 AM   #28
lustreking

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts

So do you guys have any books that you recommend for beginning beekeeping?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
GroosBrewz

Recipes 

Sep 2008
West Richland, WA, WA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustreking View Post
So do you guys have any books that you recommend for beginning beekeeping?
There are tons of books on the subject, and I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but the best book I read, and the one that I refer to the most is the revised and updated version of "The Backyard Beekeeper" by Kim Flottum.. It's got tons of full color pictures which really help.. It's an awesome, awesome, hobby.. I spent half the day yesterday just watching the bees! It was the first day since I installed the hive that the weather was good.. we have several fruit trees and the bees were simply going CRAZY gathering nectar and pollen.. It's so cool to watch them buzz back into the hive just covered in pollen...

Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
GroosBrewz

Recipes 

Sep 2008
West Richland, WA, WA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebben View Post
Aw man, that sucks! I got hurt by chicken wire , but so far no bee injuries to me today. They were so cooperative, it was amazing.

The worst thing though, is I've had "Eye of the tiger" in my head all weekend, with thoughts of me running around the yard blasting the smoker everywhere...

ANywho, I'll keep my bees' progress updated too and keep checking on yours too. Its fun stuff so far!

LOL.. Eye of tiger.. That's funny right there.. I dont care who ya are..

Glad your installation went smoothly and great pic! they look fat, drunk, and happy.. Kinda like I did yesterday (besides the bee sting!).. And watch out for the chicken wire.. deadly stuff..... Keep us posted on your progress!