Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Looking to begin brewing.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #11
Bearscratch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'm pretty new at it still with just 4 extract batches under my belt. One thing I can say is I'm glad I spent the money for a kegging system before I started. It makes it all real simple and the beer tastes great.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
MatthewBrewer
Recipes 

Thanks for the info guys. I am starting to read Palmer's guide. After I finish it I will probably buy the new edition as someone suggested. I can already tell this site is going to be huge help once I actually get my first few brews.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #13
powerslave73
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am a noob as well and I am reading How to brew.. Brewing for dummies.... Extreme brewing... Tasting beer... Brewing classic styles... I bought some and others I checked out from my local library. They all will get you started. i'm on my 3rd batch which was a recipe from extreme brewing ( Blood orange hefeweizen ) And I haven't even tasted my first batch yet. A pale ale that is in bottles and has two more weeks to go. I hope it is good.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
KevinW
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A little money upfront, a little reading and asking questions, a LOT of good sanitizing, a little patience, and you will be drinking some awesome beer before you know it!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #15
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 194 Posts

I read Joy of Homebrewing before I attempted anything. I found it very helpful. I also brewed a kit the first time, which offered step by step instructions.

I definitely agree you should pick up Joy of Homebrewing and read howtobrew.com. If you can find locals (online or through your local homebrew shop) who can help that would be a plus. If all else fails, buy a kit and follow the instructions to get your feet wet.