No carbonation problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khirsah17

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently helped my friend brew up and bottle a 7.5% IPA. But after 5 weeks in the bottle, there is hardly any carbonation. It was really clear in the secondary, but I primed as usual as set it aside in a warm part of my house. I used California Ale Yeast (WLP001).

I have a kegging system though, and I was wondering if this would be a problem: Uncap all the bottles and pour it gently into a keg. Then seal, carb it up, and then transfer it back to bottles. As long as everything was sanitized, would this be an acceptable solution?

Thanks!

I think that you may not want to go through all that, as it could introduce oxygen, which adds off flavors. The best bet may be to find some carbing tabs that I've seen around, just add them to the bottles and recap... anyone have experience w/ those?

I have some carbing tabs, but from what I've read they're just priming sugar in pill form. If priming sugar didn't work, then I feel like I'll just be adding more sugar to the beer that won't get eaten by the yeast.

Back