Navy Drill Team - Incredible - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Navy Drill Team - Incredible

Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 AM   #1
Orpheus

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Maryland 'burbs of Washington, D.C.
Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts

These guys are absolutely amazing!

http://www.whc.net/rjones/USN/USN_team.html

Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #2
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

the precision those guys have is amazing

Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
chillHayze

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Columbus OH
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

Ok, that stuff is cool and all, and not to start some flame war, but couldn't those training hours have been spent on say, tactical training?

Old 12-05-2006, 04:16 AM   #4
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillHayze
Ok, that stuff is cool and all, and not to start some flame war, but couldn't those training hours have been spent on say, tactical training?
not flamming ya but you have no idea how the navy works do ya? Tactical training in the Navy usually consists of figuring out the fastest way to the coffee machine . . . not a slam on the Navy (5 year Navy vet myself) but they usually dont let the enlisted guys make tactical decisions with their boats . . .

Old 12-05-2006, 05:09 AM   #5
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Knob Noster, Missouri
Liked 88 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillHayze
The big thing about drill is that it teaches discipline, and also respects the customs and courtesies of the service.

Every person enlisted in every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces goes through extensive drill training during thier careers. It teaches a group to work as a team and is a great self discipline training aid.

I'd imagine many of those guys are doing that in thier free time. They more than likely have "real" jobs and are doing those as well.

Say what you will, but the Air Force has dedicated jobs as Honor Guard and the A.F. Band, and the people that do those jobs are far more talented and dedicated than 99% of the people in "real" Air Force jobs.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 12-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #6
Beermaker
The NAVY WALRUS

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Beautiful Beaumont, TX, TEXAS!!!!!!
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Military .com has some awesome drills from Navy and Marine Corps. Brings a tear to my eye to see. Especially since Navy just kicked some Army A$$........26 - 14. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NAVY!

On taps 1,2&3: Una Mas Cerveza, Ham in a Can, IPA
Primary: XINGU Clone, Rye P.A.
2ndary: Low Gluten IPA, Bourbon Oak Aged Vanilla Porter
Kegged: Sh*tty Orange Hefe, Una Mas Cerveza, Smokin Hot Blonde, Belgian Dubbel
Next up: Una Mas Cerveza, Pecan Pie

Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #7
johnsma22
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Taunton, MA
Liked 82 Times on 61 Posts

When I served in the USAF I was on the precision marching team. It was something that was done on our own, off duty hours and was done just for the satisfaction of accomplishment, respect for, and desire to carry on a tradition of excellence. I look back on it with pride, and I'm not bragging when I say that we were damn good. Nothing like those squids , JUST KIDDING! My Dad is retired Navy I just marched. It did take a lot of practice to do the precision movements that we did, but the stuff with the rifles is really impressive.

Sure I could have done what most of my peers were doing at the time, like getting drunk every day of the week, and wasting an opportunity to better themselves, but I digress.

John

Old 12-05-2006, 07:13 AM   #8
javedian
Recipes 

Nov 2006
Fresno, CA
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Awesome, right up there with the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #9
chillHayze

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Columbus OH
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

Ya I don't mean any speak against any of our service men and women, and you guys make good points about the discipline and teamwork aspects. Military just isn't my cup o' tea. That's what's great about our country! Cheers all and goodnight.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

May 2005
Castleton NY
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I had the pleasure of getting to see a performance of the Marine Corps silent drill team at Parris Island when my daughter graduated from boot camp. Thet were f###ing impressive. Every foot hits at the same time, all you hear is the one 'click' of the shoes on pavement.