Building Brutus 10 to fit Boilermaker Kettles - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Building Brutus 10 to fit Boilermaker Kettles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #11
Wheezer
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Olympia
Posts: 21
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Thanks for input schristian. Were the 10" squares 2 inches apart?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:40 AM   #12
Wheezer
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Olympia
Posts: 21
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I should ask were the 13 inch squares from the outer edge 2 inches apart. I know I am overthinking this whole process, but I can't help it. Thanks!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
Irrenarzt
HNIC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Irrenarzt's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Half a mile from Tucson
Posts: 2,102
Liked 167 Times on 119 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Mac View Post
Wow Dude, I am standing right here.

Yep, looks like you used pretty much 95% of my ideas verbatim...
Wasn't meant as a diss to you at all Lonnie. Yours is simply the first generation, others are going to have small improvements. You are the forefather and nothing is gonna change that.

95% is perhaps an over-estimate. I did not use SS, no internal gas beam, different conduit layout, no internal routing, different wiring scheme than you posted, different regulator, different pilot configs/lines etc. But yes, yours was inspirational and you deserve credit. My build was based directly on your BYO article. I merely made small improvements based on my system layout. A good example would be the control panel beam. I ran it out straight instead of a 45 as that made more sense for a weldless frame. Every improvement I made for my system was thought out for my arrangement and in a way pays homage to yours. The bottom line is people should not panic and they should put some thought into THEIR system and what best works for them. Evolution of the species...


 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
schristian619
Recipes 
 
Jan 2008
San Diego, CA
Posts: 574
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


I actually didn't measure that. I just made two 10/13" squares on each end, then centered the middle square. But my stand is 48" long so, that makes them about 4.5" apart (from the outer edge of the squares).

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #15
Lonnie Mac
 
Lonnie Mac's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2006
Bacliff, TX
Posts: 304
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrenarzt View Post
Wasn't meant as a diss to you at all Lonnie. Yours is simply the first generation, others are going to have small improvements. You are the forefather and nothing is gonna change that.

95% is perhaps an over-estimate. I did not use SS, no internal gas beam, different conduit layout, no internal routing, different wiring scheme than you posted, different regulator, different pilot configs/lines etc. But yes, yours was inspirational and you deserve credit. My build was based directly on your BYO article. I merely made small improvements based on my system layout. A good example would be the control panel beam. I ran it out straight instead of a 45 as that made more sense for a weldless frame. Every improvement I made for my system was thought out for my arrangement and in a way pays homage to yours. The bottom line is people should not panic and they should put some thought into THEIR system and what best works for them. Evolution of the species...
Ha!
I know you weren't dissing... Just keep in mind that I have spent the better part of the last 5 years, and actually the 5 years before that with, well, Brutus 5, trying to help people make a BETTER Brutus than I own. So no one here knows that better than I do my friend... And I am NOT king. Look on my website and see all the great systems that people across the world have fabricated. They are the kings! And BTW, yours is there as well on the front page I believe...

So frankly, if we are to cobble together a great looking brew stand such as you and I have done, let's play nice when someone else needs our assistance... Because even five years later now, I have 4 emails to answer just tonight about Brutus...

Pretty soon he will be showing someone else how to build a brew stand too...
__________________
Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #16
willynilly
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Avon
Posts: 728
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts


I still dont see my "20" on your page Lonnie

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #17
Lonnie Mac
 
Lonnie Mac's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2006
Bacliff, TX
Posts: 304
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by willynilly View Post
I still dont see my "20" on your page Lonnie
OMG!

Let me get that done! I have been meaning to my friend... This stupid program I have in photoshop makes me do the entire pic site over just to add one pic to it... Takes about an hour... I'll do it this weekend! I have about 13 in the que including yours!
__________________
Lonnie Mac...
President of the Brutus Ten cult!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #18
willynilly
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Avon
Posts: 728
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Mac View Post
OMG!

Let me get that done! I have been meaning to my friend... This stupid program I have in photoshop makes me do the entire pic site over just to add one pic to it... Takes about an hour... I'll do it this weekend! I have about 13 in the que including yours!
Didnt realize it was that much work... looking forward to it, thanks for inspiring us all.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #19
cfinan
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Leavenworth, Kansas
Posts: 24

Wheezer, how did the stand come out? I'm getting ready to build the sane setup and I was wondering what your dimensions ended up being.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Brutus" Thread - Show us your Brutus! frolf Brew Stands 68 03-11-2016 05:19 PM
To Brutus, or not to Brutus. That is the question... ubermick Brew Stands 30 08-04-2010 12:45 AM
building a brutus, any recommendations, changes, updates? Midas Redfield All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 4 04-12-2010 11:16 PM
Thinking of building a Brutus 10 clone digdan Brew Stands 8 04-10-2009 04:24 PM
Boilermaker dismantle360 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 7 08-21-2008 06:24 PM


Forum Jump