Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Maritime - new label
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Maritime - new label

My main issues are:

1) Font - too plain?
2) Ocean graphic - too much?
3) Window glass effect - too much?

Old 04-13-2010, 02:41 AM   #2
Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

looks good to me. you outlined the side text so it's easy to see/read. the graphic is very appropriate to the name. I like the water damaged like background too.
I wouldn't say the inside gaphic is too much, but maybe a bit plain/drab. I would have put a sea going vessel inside the circle and moved the "Maritime" up a bit, but that is why it's YOUR label.

the window glass effect is fine, but doesn't need that oval at the top if you can eliminate that.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
We get it, you hate BMC.
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like everything but the font of the word "MARITIME". I imagine it as being something carved or scratched onto a surface. Even that I certainly don't hate.
SEMPER FIDELIS ET SEMPER PARATUS Bringin' the 'pane...the propane.Coming Up:..[Hefewiezen][BCS Robust Porter][EdWort's Haus Pale Ale][Peated Ale]
Conditioning:[Oaked Cider][ESB]
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]
Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Great label! I'd lose, soften, or make more transparent the upper highlight on the glass... it looks kinda strange at first... like a squashed moon above the water... I think there's enough going on that you don't need it that prominent. Plus it makes the glass look oddly smooth next to the grunginess of the frame.

The font looks fine... it might be a bit plain, but you don't want it overly idiosyncratic, either...
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #5

Font- I could do with out...
ocean- looks way cool!
Window effect- looks sweet, very unique.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin