Heavy Holiday Beers - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Heavy Holiday Beers
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 04-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
jasonsbeer
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Central Iowa
Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts

Not wanting to miss the mark again this year, I thought I would inquire as to some favorite recipes out there for the heavier winter ales.

I figure if I get a decent recipe now and brew it in the next month or two, I should be set come Christmas. The big ones need lots of rest and aging.

In addition, I may try an Old Feziwig ale this year, but that's a lighter beer that can wait. Any recommendations on a clone for this favorite?

Winston Churchill

Old 04-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
TUCK

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Kennesaw, Ga, Georgia
Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsbeer View Post
Not wanting to miss the mark again this year, I thought I would inquire as to some favorite recipes out there for the heavier winter ales.

I figure if I get a decent recipe now and brew it in the next month or two, I should be set come Christmas. The big ones need lots of rest and aging.

In addition, I may try an Old Feziwig ale this year, but that's a lighter beer that can wait. Any recommendations on a clone for this favorite?
Not really a Christmas beer but a holiday brew for myself and family for sure

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/choc...o-stout-40754/