Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > First partial mash - 1 week later

Old 04-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
esp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default First partial mash - 1 week later

So I bottled my brew after two weeks sitting in the primary and it has been in the beer fridge for a week. I cracked one today so that I can taste the maturation process. This is what I've found

Coriander Amber ale-partial mash

1. This is a lot better than LME brewing. All the LME I've done had a weird flavor to them.
2. The carbonation isn't ready yet. There is a little and it sticks to the glass instead of dying off, but it's not a proper head yet.
3. The flavor is sweet at first, rounding off with a slightly fruity flavor and finishing somewhat dry.
4. The color is what you would expect from an amber ale.
5. Coriander adds a really nice aroma/flavor to the beer that will be great in the summer months.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

for proper carbing it should be at room temp for 3 weeks not in the beer fridge.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
esp
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a refrigerator I use for fermenting. It's stable at 70 degrees unplugged.