Hey all, I'm on my second batch, it's a Brewers Best Red Ale and so far everything is going really well. My first batch, a BB English Ale, came out all right but I definitely bottled AND opened my bottles a little too early I think. Patience is a bit of a bitch for me
. But I learned a lot and want to take what I learned and it apply it to this second batch.
As I said above, everything with the Red Ale is going quite well, I'm heading towards day 14 this weekend in the primary and I've been taking hydrometer readings (2 so far) for the last 3 days and the readings are dead on even and haven't fluctuated a bit.
So here's my question: I wanted to give it 2 weeks in the primary before bottling. But since the hydrometer readings haven't moved I'm wondering if bottling early would hurt my chances for a better tasting beer. I've read everywhere that once the primary stops showing signs of activity (it has) and the hydrometer reading are are solid after 2 to 3 readings that "it's time to bottle!".
I know either way I'll be fine, but if waiting gives me a better tasting beer I'm more than willing to bottle this weekend. But, on the other hand, I also know that the quicker I bottle this elixir the quicker it'll get in my belly!
So what do you think? Bottle tomorrow or bottle this weekend?
What a great hobbie this has turned out to be! I love it! Thanks to all for such an awesome resource as well! You've already answered a ton of my questions!
Thanks everyone ahead of time!