Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Corsendonk Abbey Pale - what's that flavor???
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Bad Influence
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Corsendonk Abbey Pale - what's that flavor???

OK, so I drank a few of these last night (a good reason to not post this question after the third one!).

I get one overwhelming flavor when I drink the stuff - Earl Grey tea.

Would I surmise that the flavor is from orange peel? I thought a good deal of the flavor in Earl Grey was oil of bergamont, but......

Just curious I really like Ommegang, but if I can put the fine touches on what I like in Corsendonk, with what I like in Ommegang..... I think I can have a kickass ale.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I could see the combination of esters you get from a beer like this giving off a bergamot orange. I don't know that a beer like that would actually use orange peel, but the yeast is likely to throw all kinds of fruit and phenolic compounds.