weak carbonaiton - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > weak carbonaiton

Old 12-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
lostnfoam

Recipes 

Nov 2006

i opened my first bottle the other day. i get a good pop when i take off the cap some bubbles and i get a ok head for a couple of second then it goes away. the beer taste a bit flat, but when i pour it out i can see bubbles. the batch was an oktoberfest lager. im not to sure if it hasn't carbonated enough or i made an error some place. on the plus side it's stronger then i thought it would be

can anyone tell me what i did so i dont do it again. i have a cherry stout im going to be bottleing in a few days.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

More info, please:

What did you prime with?
How long since you bottled?
What temps has it been conditioning at?

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 12-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
lostnfoam

Recipes 

Nov 2006

well sorry im new to this. well the directinos told to keep in temp of 35 45. so i had it in a mini frid for about 8 week then i bottled the only fool thing i did was put all the bottles back in the fridge. i was wondering why there was carbonation. i call the company and then told me to take them out of fridge and they would carbonate. they did and so far i still have them out of the fridge. there in my office and the temp is 65 to 70. im not in there to often so i can lower it even more. i hope this hepls you.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts

How long since you took them out of the fridge? Three weeks or so after that date, you should be good to go. 65-70 will be fine for carbing.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 12-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
lostnfoam

Recipes 

Nov 2006

thanks, so i have about two more weeks to go then. man im learning a whole lot from this site.