Here's the deal- I like to take some recipes I've read about that sound tasty and modify them so that they are celiac friendly...I've no idea how this will turn out but here's the recipe as it stands. Im brewing this next Saturday (April 10, 2010)...any recipe changes are welcome, but here it is. This is for 5.5 gallons
6 lbs Sorghum Syrup (60 min)
1 lb Dextrose (60 min)
.50 oz Hallertauer, pellet 4.8% (60 min)
.50 oz Saaz, pellet 4% (20 min)
.50 oz Saaz, pellet 4% (10 min)
4 blood oranges, preparation: Peel oranges and separate sections of fruit. Discard half of the peels. Cut fruit into small pieces. Grate the peel and save the rind only! Heat fruit and peels in 1/2 gallon water to 160-F and then turn off heat. Let it steep as it cools. Pour into fermenter when cooled.
I'll be using T-58 and doing a partial boil.
4 day primary 7 day secondary, carb with 4.2 oz of corn sugar.
This is my last brew until I move into my own place. I'll be living with SWMBO and her family until I find a place to buy. Not sure how they feel about my drinking and whatnot but I guess I'll find out
Anyways, here's the recipe as it stands, if it turns out good I'll post it in the recipe section as well.