Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > SN 30 and other beers...

Old 04-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
WildGingerBrewing
I wish I was Randar
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2121 Times on 2063 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default SN 30 and other beers...

Went to The Flying Saucer in Addison tonight and was able to try a few beers I haven't had before. I had a couple of different Stone's that were all pretty good. I really liked their IPA and the Old Guardian wasn't too bad. Also had Flying Dog Horn Dog Barleywine and was not a big fan of it. Tried SN 30th and wasn't a big fan of it either. Avery Majharaja was really good. All that being said, I have searched Dallas for Pliny the Elder and can't find it. I keep hearing people talk about how great it is and I want to try it! Is there anyone on the west coast that would be willing to send me one??? Just curious, can't hurt to ask.

J

Ginger and I agree on something? - Randar

Old 04-02-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
NorCalAngler
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I'm curious how much of your tasting was thrown off by these big beers. They typically beat your tastebuds up pretty well so going from an IPA to a barleywine to a stout isn't going to give you the best tasting experience.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
WildGingerBrewing
I wish I was Randar
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2121 Times on 2063 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I didn't think of that. Good point.
Ginger and I agree on something? - Randar