Wyeast 3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
Wyeast 3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale Yeast
Beer Styles: Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Dubbel and Tripel, Belgian Strong Golden and Dark Ales, Belgian Blonde Ale, Flanders Brown Ale
Profile: This vigorous top fermenting Belgian style strain produces a distinct spicy character along with mild esters. Phenolics developed during fermentation may dissipate with conditioning. 3538 is an excellent choice for a variety of Belgian beer styles including pales, dubbels, and brown ales.

Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV
Flocculation high
Attenuation 75-78%
Temp. Range 65-80°F (18-27°C)

Is this a first time release or does anyon have previous experience with this strain? Upcoming warm weather will cause my apartment to get pretty hot and this strain can go upto 80F and looks very very interesting for my Belgian addiction.

It is part of the Wyeast Private Collection thru June 2010. The specs on this yeast sound really interesting. I am going to pick up a pack if my LHBS gets it in. Montanaandy

I know its PC and I did further research and found it to be available again, its not a first time release. I dont see any reviews of how it performs though. I just bought WLP550 and wanted to know how this one can compare.

Back