I'd say the yeast gave him the sh!ts ... seen it many times . . .
Originally Posted by DavidHawman
The problem with that is that even live yeast turns into dead yeast as soon as you swallow it.
If it has anything due to the yeast its due to just the dead yeast and the nutrients they bring along not any replicating yeast in your intestine.
Yes and that "Dead Yeast" and its Nutrients turn on the good bacteria in your colon . . .Brewers yeast is a pretty common way to control flees in animals and is believed to have many effects on the human body good AND bad . . .
A quick google turned this up.
When you first use brewer's yeast, it will create gas in your colon. Brewer's yeast supplements your good bacteria in your colon, increasing its count. This increase in good bacteria activates a battle between the good and bad bacteria creating gas as a by-product. Keep using brewer's yeast until the gas stops. This many take a few weeks but you are doing one of the best things you can do for your health - increasing good bacteria and reducing bad bacteria.
Copied from . . . http://www.diet-and-health.net/Suppl...wersYeast.html
Known Hazards: Not to be used in case of yeast allergies.
Sensitive individuals may experience migraine-like headaches. Some individuals with intolerance may experience itching, urticaria, local or general exanthemas, and Quincke's edema. Oral intake of fermentable yeast may cause flatulence.
May cause an increase in blood pressure with simultaneous intake of monoamine oxidase inhibitors. Simultaneous intake of antimycotics can affect the activity of the brewer's yeast.