Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Vinegar flavor/aroma
Old 03-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Vinegar flavor/aroma

I'm about to go check on a friend's beer. It's a Sierra Nevada clone that was tasted/smelled awesome at bottling. After 2 weeks in the bottle my buddy snuck a sample and claims it tastes like "beer vinegar."

Could an infection like this take place at bottling? Apparently there are no visible signs of bacterial growth, in fact I've been told it's quite clear. I have never had an infection before.

We used a clean, sanitized (starsan) bottling bucket with bottles (soaked in oxyclean) that had been rinsed and dried (heated) in the dishwasher.

I am really hoping that this friend of mine is overreacting and we simply have green beer on our hands.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Brew Haus TV Please subscribe if you like my video content.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Did you taste it?? Can't always trust others opinions.
You should clean & rinse before you sanitize.
"Carpe Diem"