Saturdays aren't supposed to be like this - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Saturdays aren't supposed to be like this

Old 03-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
SCHombrew
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Columbia, SC

so I'm not quite drunken yet but want to vent/ramble... I get up today to transplant rhizomes from pot to garden, and get in the car to go get a few things and realize I need to change the oil in my car. I get in the car to go get 5 quarts and a filter and guess what? Car wont start. After enough messing around I finally determine my battery is shot. A 7 year warranty battery dead after less than 2 yrs should be free (if not seriously pro-rated). So I'm on the way to the bank (in my wife's car) to cash an $80 check. Bank isn't open per say, but the drive through is so I get into (5 car) line in the drive through and the wife's car dings bc of course she needs gas. 25 mins later I get to the drive up teller thingy only to be told they're pcs just went down and they can't do ANYTHING. No withdrawals, no deposits, no check cashing. I contemplate going around the building to get some $$$ out of the atm and of course now its down as well. So now I need to get gas, change the oil in a car, before I jump start said car to the dealership (no auto-store will exchange a battery that came w/ a new car( I called around)) before I can mess w/ my rhizomes and pick up the bits I was going to use to make a dip tube for my new keggle. Here's to downing about a dozen homebrews and not doing jack.

BP

Old 03-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6694 Times on 3957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHombrew View Post
Here's to downing about a dozen homebrews and not doing jack.
Sounds like Saturday to me!

Old 03-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Well atleast you didn't run out of gas waiting in the drive-thru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 03-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
jpb5151
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

SCHomebrew, at least you didn't find out about your car on Monday morning before work.

Looks like the Malt Gods do indeed want you to just relax today. Cheers.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #5
jmendez29

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Holland, Michigan
Liked 155 Times on 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Well atleast you didn't run out of gas waiting in the drive-thru.
HAHAHA. I was waiting for that part. Icing on the cake.

Life just sucks sometimes, man. I remember having my kids leave my car door open just enough so that it looked closed, but kept the lights on inside the car. I needed to get up early before work to take care of a few personal things before I headed in to work, which consisted of a high importance project starting immediately at work. I had to hook up the battery charger and wait for it to charge enough to start the car. Needless to say, the personal things didn't get taken care of, and I got to work late enough for the boss to consider firing me. Of course, it had to be the day that the SWMBOs car stayed overnight at the mechanic.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #6
GroosBrewz
Recipes 

Sep 2008
West Richland, WA, WA
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Days like today are why people drink.... Fortunately, we get to drink homebrew.
Tap 4- Dicks Danger Ale Clone

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Old 03-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
SCHombrew
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Columbia, SC

Sunday afternoon update: Oil changed, battery replaced, SWMBO's tank filled, check still un-cashed (@#$%^& banks), serious dent put in on hand home-brew, so I know what I'll be doing next weekend . Thanks for the words of commiseration all!

BP

Old 03-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

At least you didn't have 2 1/2 inches of rain, 70+mph winds, trees down everywhere and no power for 20 hours like me! Saturday sucked. The only good thing was I beat the crap out of my wife in Uno under the light of a small flashlight!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #9
KingBrianI
Recipes 

May 2008
Durham, NC
Liked 108 Times on 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHombrew View Post
Here's to downing about a dozen homebrews and not doing jack.
Not doing jack is a good idea. We all have days where nothing goes right and the best thing to do is...well, nothing. Stop doing everything and there won't be anything to go wrong. Otherwise, you'll continue to get frustrated to the point of wanting to destroy things. Well, that's how it happens for me anyway. Best to go sit on the couch, have some homebrews, and watch TV.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #10
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 404 Times on 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
At least you didn't have 2 1/2 inches of rain, 70+mph winds, trees down everywhere and no power for 20 hours like me! Saturday sucked. The only good thing was I beat the crap out of my wife in Uno under the light of a small flashlight!
My phone only displayed the first part of your last sentence and I almost spit my beer across the bar.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn