Millennium Heineken Magnum - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Millennium Heineken Magnum
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
MadGrimey
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Vegas
Posts: 3


I have a bottle that's been sitting in my wine cellar for the last 10 years.

It's a Heineken Magnum that they released to celebrate the millennium.

Despite being a lager, I'm pretty sure it's good to drink. I sampled some 6 year old Heineken (don't laugh) and it had actually aged quite nicely.

My question here is: Is it worth anything? It's been stored in optimal conditions the whole time and is a huge bottle (pretty sure most of you guys will remember these).

Valuation please? Thanks.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
MadGrimey
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Vegas
Posts: 3

Thanks a bunch guys. Only 72 views and no replies... good sht.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 68,499
Liked 7363 Times on 5206 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGrimey View Post
Thanks a bunch guys. Only 72 views and no replies... good sht.
Well, we're homebrewers. We probably don't know. Instead of 72 people replying "I don't know", no one answered. Here's my answer: I don't know. Try Ebay.

Not only are we homebrewers, many of us are beer snobs. I don't think many of us collect Heineken, or even drink it. No one gave you a hard time about your question- it's a valid question. But to slam people on a homebrew forum for not answering a question about an old magnum of Heineken irritated me.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
MadGrimey
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Vegas
Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Well, we're homebrewers. We probably don't know. Instead of 72 people replying "I don't know", no one answered. Here's my answer: I don't know. Try Ebay.

Not only are we homebrewers, many of us are beer snobs. I don't think many of us collect Heineken, or even drink it. No one gave you a hard time about your question- it's a valid question. But to slam people on a homebrew forum for not answering a question about an old magnum of Heineken irritated me.
Hey man wasn't trying to make it out to be a slam but it would have been nice for one of those 72 people to say "I don't know"... or "It's not worth anything"...

I know you guys are homebrewers, so I thought it would be a good venue to get some opinions. Anyway, sorry, no offense intended.

What we did was just popped it at a party with a bunch of friends and re-celebrated the year 2000 at midnight. Was a bunch of fun and worth much more than I could have gotten for the bottle.

Beer tasted just fine - better than fresh Heineken (and yes, I know that's not saying much!)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
rod's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
brantford,ontario
Posts: 1,212
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


glad you enjoyed it. - this forum is usually very helpful and nice to new posters.
please hang around and you will learn lots and hopefully give advice back.
__________________
simplified signature:
beer, wine, cheese in various stages of production

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 68,499
Liked 7363 Times on 5206 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGrimey View Post
Hey man wasn't trying to make it out to be a slam but it would have been nice for one of those 72 people to say "I don't know"... or "It's not worth anything"...

I know you guys are homebrewers, so I thought it would be a good venue to get some opinions. Anyway, sorry, no offense intended.

What we did was just popped it at a party with a bunch of friends and re-celebrated the year 2000 at midnight. Was a bunch of fun and worth much more than I could have gotten for the bottle.

Beer tasted just fine - better than fresh Heineken (and yes, I know that's not saying much!)
Sorry I sounded so snippy! We're usually very welcoming. I just took a curse in your post as being derogatory because no one had the answer you were looking for.

Glad you enjoyed the magnum!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
babalu87
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Middleborough, MA
Posts: 1,893
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts


I bet it tastes like ass
Just like it did when it was fresh 10 years ago



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS: Budweiser Millennium Gift set skibumdc For Sale 24 12-21-2014 05:06 PM
Millennium Hops balto charlie Recipes/Ingredients 5 02-12-2011 01:27 PM
Magnum PI KayaBrew General Techniques 2 06-29-2009 08:10 PM
Weihenstephan Millennium Party in 2040!!! eschatz Brewing Events & Local Gatherings 11 12-11-2008 11:55 AM
Magnum P.I. EinGutesBier Hops Growing 1 04-16-2008 03:37 PM


Forum Jump