Dual gauge propane regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cascadia

Reaction score
Can a dual gauge regulator be used with LP? Is it safe? I would like to connect one tank to a valve manifold to feed three high pressure turkey fryer burners. I know I will need to change the stem or get the correct adapter.

Thanks

probably, only caution would be to not to use one that vents over pressure on the out side. Thinking like an acetylene reg. I doubt it would be worth the money if you had to buy one. some lp tanks will that a float driven gauge. not to mention it is easy to just pick up the smaller tanks.
link

Can a dual gauge regulator be used with LP? Is it safe? I would like to connect one tank to a valve manifold to feed three high pressure turkey fryer burners. I know I will need to change the stem or get the correct adapter.

Thanks

Thanks

Well after spending 1/2 an hour going into great detail about these pics my browser decided to take a dump and poof :mad: its all gone. So heres the just of how it went . . . . .:eek:

Co2 regulators ??? blah blah blah
Is this a Trick Question ???

Maybe this is what your thinking but not what I'm hearing . . .
Hope these pics point you in the right direction. :mug:

This will FREEZE your tank and pressure valve . . . Yadda yadda yadda
DO AT YOUR OWN RISK ! ! !
Gave reasons why you shouldn't do this to this degree. Blah Blah Blah

Here you go . . .Something like this ????

100_1477.jpg
[/IMG]

This is set up a little different AND for the older style tank - usually a 100 lb.

100_1478.jpg
[/IMG]

There are 6 burners running off of 2 20 lb. tanks . . .

100_1485.jpg
[/IMG]

Regulator is the same one as in the first pic . . . Notice the tank in a tub of water to keep it from freezing so fast. 1/4"+ of ice build up is very common. . .

100_1488.jpg
[/IMG]

Not the best pic of the tank set up but you can tell its running 2 burners to the pot on the left.

100_1493.jpg
[/IMG]

These pics where taken during a good freinds Brew Day. One day maybe I'll get there . . .:rockin:

Habit, I should have been more clear, I was not attempting to make a trick question. I have a bunch of different regulators acetylene, co2, nitrogen. I just wanted to know if one of these would be suitable to regulate my propane flow since I already have them on hand. I am trying to plumb all my burners into one source for convenience, I generally only fire one at a time and my brewery is permanently installed.

I understand why it would freeze in your case. That is a whole bunch of beer!

Perhaps there is a reason that this cannot be done as I do not see people doing it on here. Just wanted to know why?

Yes you can use an acetylene reg on a propane tank. I have one on my cutting torch because propane is cheaper than acetylene.The tank coupling is the same. The only problem that may be encountered id the left hand threads on the reg. Flow is not a problem at work we can run 4 demo torches with #6 tips running full bore all day with out a problem.

kmack747, thank you. I will proceed and take a look at the threads and probably encounter more questions.

I guess the point that got left out in all the yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah
was that I was curious why you would put a $70+ regulator instead of using an $20 adjustable 30 PSI high pressure propane regulator at the tank. Kinda like a buying Die Hard Gold to put on a $75 riding lawn mower. I was unaware (but should have figured) that you had the other regulators readily available to you.

Never mind . . . Carry on . . . Good Luck :mug:

kmack and lincoln seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject.:)

if your affraid of leaks use a mix of dish soap and water to spray the threads and it will bubble if it leaking

Back