Belgian Dark Strong Ale The Rabbi (pseudo-clone of Avery's The Reverend) -- Belgian Quad - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Belgian Dark Strong Ale The Rabbi (pseudo-clone of Avery's The Reverend) -- Belgian Quad

Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
butterpants
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2013
, Colorado
Liked 123 Times on 103 Posts

any suggestions on the software that does conversions and handles them well.... few beer proggies out there on the interwebs....

Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #22
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Pace, FL
Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts

There is a Brewing Software forum. I would start with the 7 pages in the sticky thread that describe all of the different programs and what they do.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #23
RonPopeil
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Lancaster, PA
Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBrewB View Post
I think the problem is the limited types of extract. It is like reproducing a complex dish from a good restaurant, using limited ingredients from a small grocery store.

that said, I think some of the brewing software will do those conversions for you to get as close as possible.

BTW, my batch has that band aid home brew taste...pretty disappointing. first time that has happened to me since switching to AG. from what i can find, this particular off flavor is usually caused by Belgian yeast strains and/or bad temp control during fermentation.
i've been under the impression that bandaid/medicine was chlorophenols. you would have to have a chlorine source somewhere. water filter on its way out, unrinsed bleach sanitizer, stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Homebrewing as a way to save money is like getting married as a way to always have sex.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #24
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Pace, FL
Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonPopeil View Post
i've been under the impression that bandaid/medicine was chlorophenols. you would have to have a chlorine source somewhere. water filter on its way out, unrinsed bleach sanitizer, stuff like that.
You could def be right but I always seemed to get that off flavor from extract batches, even living in two very different regions.

I will say that this is the first time the flavor subsided over a couple weeks and it turned into a real crowd pleaser.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:25 AM   #25
kharper6
Recipes 

Aug 2013
Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts

1.020 is a heck of a beer!

I'm interested in trying this, is that FG accurate? I really like Delirium for its dryness, I'd imagine this is a total different beast.