Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > First Solo Brew w/ New Equip

Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #41
Burgs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have cracked a few of these bottles just to see how far along they are in the carbonation process, and I'm noticing that it is waaaay cloudier than it was when I was looking at samples in secondary.

Could this be because I still have yeast in suspension that are working and haven't done their carbonation/settling to the bottom of the bottle work yet??? Sh*t is murky.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #42
Burgs
Recipes 

I almost can't believe that this beer came around, but it did. When I made that last post, it looked like murky brown ale and now it's crystal clear! It could use just a touch more carbonation, and it's just starting to get warm in the house, so I'm going to let it go another week - but wow!

I guess this is one of those things that no matter how much you read about it on here - it really does teach you something to taste a batch throughout the whole process and see how it matures. I went from thinking this kit was a mistake to wanting to brew it again, but better!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #43
Token
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Amazing what a couple of weeks will do, isn't it? I'm so glad to hear it turned out to be a beer you want to brew again.... but better!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #44
Burgs
Recipes 

It really is! My carbonation level is not consistent throughout all the bottles though... cracked another one to show SWMBO and it wasn't as far along as the others.

I moved it up to the top shelf of the bedroom closet, I think it will be a few degrees warmer up there. Plan is to just forget about it for a few weeks, bottle my stout in the meantime & then come back to it and put a six pack and a few bombers in the fridge for a week or so more. Hopefully it'll be awesome by then!

Old 05-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #45
halite
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

The key is always patience, I find the best beers are those that you forgot you had a few bottles of and you find them a few months after you have finished the rest of the batch
http://riverroadbrewery.blogspot.com/
Kegged - Session Stout, Cascade IPA
Bottled - ISO Standard Stout, Steam Punk California, Session Stout

Old 05-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #46
Burgs
Recipes 

I'm pretty sure that I just got lucky and picked a few bottles that were somehow more carbonated. The whole batch isn't quite there yet, but I'm confident that when it gets there, it'll be great!