Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > How many beers do you drink a day?
View Poll Results: How many beers do you drink daily
1-2 193 63.70%
3-5 102 33.66%
6+ 8 2.64%
Voters: 303. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #51
PanzerBanana
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Depends on the day, week, or month.

Sometimes I'll go a couple weeks without just to clear the system. I'll also hold off before we have a get together with out friends, so it's easier to enjoy the side effects during a festive occasion.(There is no driving involved, we get all we need before hand)

Now this week, I'm over my average, but only because I've been doing a heap of beer research for my own brewing. So I've had a couple of 3 beer evenings. Because I had to go retry a few "standards" and retry a couple of styles with a new found knowledge.

Had a couple "recreation" beers just because beer's been on the brain this week. hehe

Old 02-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #52
BrianTheBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have cut the drinking down during the week for health reasons. Weekends I am trying to stay under 6 on Saturday and Sunday. I also though drink pretty high abv brews.

"Good people drink good beer" - Hunter S. Thompson

http://brianthebrewer.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/BrianTheBrewer
http://www.chugsd.com
http://www.quaff.org/

Old 02-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #53
BBKing
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Usually 2 a day. Sometimes 3 (Imperial Pints)

I'll have one with dinner with the exception of Tuesdays and Thursdays (class nights) and one (sometimes 2) before my boy goes to sleep.

Weekends its whatever I feel like.

And the only time I drink before dinner is in the summer when my friend and I go fishing. Then we drink a growler before 9 lol

Old 02-28-2010, 01:03 AM   #54
ronaldo_fanbelt
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I try not to drink more than 6 a night during the work week, but then once the weekend gets here I will drink about double that.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #55
PhelanKA7
Relax? RELAX?!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 202

2-3 at most usually if at all. If i'm at a party, watching a Colts game with friends, or at one of my favorite breweries I'll indulge and drink 4-5 if I have a DD. But that's generally once a month or so.

One thing I will say though is I don't like having JUST one beer. I tend to drink my beers 2 at a time.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #56
BBKing
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanKA7 View Post
2-3 at most usually if at all. If i'm at a party, watching a Colts game with friends, or at one of my favorite breweries I'll indulge and drink 4-5 if I have a DD. But that's generally once a month or so.

One thing I will say though is I don't like having JUST one beer. I tend to drink my beers 2 at a time.
Absolutely. Good call!

Old 02-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #57
Endovelico
Recipes 

Average of 0.5 a day.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #58
shaneogle89
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Bringing this thread out of retirement....sitting here at work enjoying this threat so I will chip in on this conversation haha! I usually drink 2 beers a night, sometimes 3. I just like to come home and get a nice lil buzz of my homebrew, relax and watch some tv

Old 09-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #59
zeg
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Wow, zombie threads!

My beer drinking is regular, but not heavy. I'm pretty consistent with 1 per day, with dinner. Almost never more than that, and some days I don't feel like drinking anything alcoholic. For me, any more than that on a regular basis seems unnecessary. That was my consumption pattern long before I began brewing, as well. I like my beer, but don't feel any urges to drink large quantities to show my appreciation. :-)

Incidentally, I'm not fond of the stereotype that home brewers are all heavy drinkers. "Mostly" maybe, but not "all!" My reason for brewing is not that I want more beer, I just want better beer. So far so good!

Old 12-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #60
Bobcatbrewing42
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I've retired now and us old guys can't drink 3 beers and not get up 4 times a night. I often have one for lunch, one before dinner and one during. No more beer after 7 or so or the night will be long.