Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Why on Earth =/

Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
brew502
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Why on Earth =/

Ok so i deicided for my first brew ever I would brew a beer I havent really tried and that is Irish Stout ......I had no clue what to expect from this brew so I was sailing into uncharted waters lol

It benifited me tho because Im driking one right now and it came out wonderfully
Everyone who has tried it says it tastes awesome =]

Im so proud of it

Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Netflyer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Serendipity! I have brewed styles I have never tried because I can't get them and it is always fun. Did you brew it from a kit? If you get a chance sometime, after all of yours are done of course, see if you can get Guiness Stout or Guiness Draught. I think most 1/2 decent liquor stores, even in the sticks where I live have Guiness. Anyhow try one of those sometime to give you a taste the benchmark stout.

Kegged:
RiClarke's Guinuess Clone w/da sour 6.4% ABV 1057 SG 1009 FG

Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
DarthBeer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Irish Stout was the first thing I brewed also. It was a MountMalick(sp?) stout kit with some dark dme added in. People who tried it said they did think it tasted real similar to the Guinness Stout.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
brew502
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used the brewers best kit and everybody who has tried it said it tastes like guinness with out that sour bite from the lactic acid =] so im happy about it

I tried some guinness draught in the widget can and they were right tastes close but i prefer mine over the can lol.....Biased much lol

Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
kinison_fan
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeer View Post
The Irish Stout was the first thing I brewed also. It was a MountMalick(sp?) stout kit with some dark dme added in. People who tried it said they did think it tasted real similar to the Guinness Stout.
I've made this same recipe: 1 can, 1 bag dark DME, a little extra hops, for serveral years. Very easy batch to make, and on tap, nice thick creamy head. It is a perrenial favorite of mine.

My current keg is getting pretty light, but my first all-grain stout is aging in the keg now.