Originally Posted by illinibrew04
I currently have my controller (TSS2-2100) set up for cooling only. I am using it for fermentation. The problem is that I don't want the temp to continue to drift downward after the chest freezer compressor turns off. Here are current settings:
r 2 = 10
If I want to ferment at 67 and output one is cool, then how do I make the compressor turn on at say 1.5 deg. hotter than 67 and turn off at 1.0 degree hotter still (SP!+1)so it drifts down? Whatever I have set now is turning on at 68 (SP1+1) and that's fine with me. I would however like to know what this parameter is as well. As usual, thanks for the help.
OK, so I started playing with this thing and trying to decipher the manual that comes with it. I've answered my own question now, so I figured I'd post my understanding so that if anybody else is wondering this they have the information:
1. This is all assuming that output 1 is cooling and output 2 is heating
2. Operating mode (parameter r8) should be set to "On1"
3. If, as I said, I want the compressor to turn on at 68.5 and off at 68 you have to set SP1 to 68 (the compressor will turn off here) and r1 to .5 (this means it will turn on at SP1+r1, or 68.5)
4. I should also note that r0 should be set to "ind" and c1 to "dir"
5. For heating, set c2 to "inv"
6. SP2 will be the temp. at which you want the heater to turn off
7. r2 will be the number of degrees below SP2 you want the heater to turn on at
Well, that's it...I hope I didn't confuse anyone.