Got a library card? Access to brewing e-books - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Techniques > Got a library card? Access to brewing e-books

Old 11-14-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
Jan 2006
Racine, WI
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I went to the webpage for our local library and found out that by plugging in my library card # I can get access to something called Netlibrary. I plugged 'Brewing' into the search engine and came up with the following e-books that I could access for Free!

The Homebrewer's Garden: How to Easily Grow, Prepare, and Use Your Own Hops, Brewing Herbs, Malts by Fisher, Joe.; Fisher, Dennis

Brewing Made Easy by Fisher, Joe.; Fisher, Dennis

Great Beer From Kits by Fisher, Joe.; Fisher, Dennis

Clone Brews: Homebrew Recipes for 150 Commercial Beers by Szamatulski, Tess.; Szamatulski, Mark

Homebrew Favorites: A Coast-to-coast Collection of Over 240 Beer and Ale Recipes by Lutzen, Karl F.

More Homebrew Favorites: 260 New Brews! by Lutzen, Karl F.; Stevens, Mark

Brew Chem 101: The Basics of Homebrewing Chemistry by Janson, Lee W.

Dave Miller's Homebrewing Guide: Everything You Need to Know to Make Great-tasting Beer by Miller, David G.

If you have a library card check your local library's site, see if they have Netlibrary access or something like it.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Sep 2006
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hmmm, I work for a university and we have netlibrary access, but a search for brewing turned up nothing of interest. Those you mentioned don't seem to be available to us... Maybe each member organization chooses what they have access to?

Ok I checked more and I can find the books if I set my preferences to search things not available from my library, but I can't actually view them. Seems you're limited to what your library has available...

Old 11-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

I already have most of those...but thanks for the tip.
HB Bill