Brewed a batch of (extract) wheat/amber/honey @ 1.050 and pitched started Munton Ale. I had some extra yeast nutrient from my winemaking so I decided to NOT follow Charlie P's advice and I added 1 tbsp of nutrient before I pitched the working yeast.
Fermenation was VERY active within 4 hours. 12 hours later the stuff was practically boiling, I was continually cleaning my airlock of foam and bits of hop leaf (dry hopped) and refitting . 36 hours after pitching, my fermentation, while not completely stopped, is for all practical puposes not moving.
I have not yet taken another SG reading as I'm not crazy about opening up the beer at this point. It certainly appears that the nutrient was overkill.
QUestion is: Anyone have any experience here? Should I pitch another packet? Wait and see if fermentation starts again? Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew? Any help out there?