Thanksgiving: what will you be serving?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeratier

Reaction score
Thanksgiving is only a little more than a week away. Time to start thinking about what you'll be drinking.

I'll be having my Belgian Dubbel that I made several months ago. And after the dinner we'll have some Rochefort 10. I also like hard cider with the pumpkin pie.

EdWort's Apfelwein. Should be perfectly carbed by then. I'm also giving my brother-in-law a beermaking kit for x-mas, and we may make a batch while we're out at his mothers' place, in the middle of nowhere, bored out of our skulls. I'll be bringing some Good Life Pale Ale, but I suspect we'll be hitting some commercials as well.

Probably nothing. I'm going to a dinner at the home of a couple non-drinkers. No point in wasting brew, I'll drink it when I get home.

The Whole Harvest should be ready by then.

I'm hoping a late octoberfest should be ready for tap, if not I might end up over the the Cheese CCA secondary with a big straw.

Pumpkin ale. A little more heartier than most pumpkin ales, .5 lb caramunich, .5 lb chocolate.

Was hoping to serve some cider, but I haven't started a batch yet. I'll probably be serving the amber ale I've got on tap right now. There's another keg and a half of it conditioning. I'm brewing my winter ale this weekend, but it won't be ready until mid-December.

I'm hoping to have a Irish Stout and a light American lager in the keg on Thursday and hopefully will be carbed by thanksgiving....Little stress on myself as this is my first attempt at kegging and I'm not leaving much room for error :cross:

Did a nut brown using honey malt for the first time. Tasted insanely good going into the keg. SHould be ready just in time for turkey day. I figure if I get drunk enough, I won't have to do any dishes, we usually bring out the good dinnerware, and I wouldn't want to break any. :D

I had such a large gap between my last couple brews that I won't have anything ready to go for Thanksgiving! I'll have to go collect some quality microbrews.

Sadly, my first brew will not be ready for Thanksgiving, or even X-Mas for that matter, but I'll be able to give it to my sweetie on Valentine's day. Now all I need is a sweetie...

My parents are coming to our place for T-day. My dad's not a big fan of beer, so I'll have a couple of hefe's, maybe a maple-cyser. I'll also have a few bourbons with my dad, and probably some wine. Yep, I'll be toasty.

I guess it really all depends on which of my bottled brews actually decide that they are ready to get carbonated between now and then. I'm pretty sure the Punkin Pie will be ready, as it was a little better than lightly carbonated when I had it the weekend before last. Still waiting for the Imperial Stout to carbonate, as well as the Wheat Doppelbock and Cranberry Dubbel. I'll probably open 12oz bottles to test carbonation, rather than risk wasting an entire 22oz, 750mL, or 1L growler of flat beer. Of course, I'd still drink it, but...I'd rather have it carbonated.

I'll be serving up my Orange-Cranberry Ale, and Ed's Apfelwein on tap, as well as Cheesefood's Caramel Cream Ale in bottles. The CCA may not be completed conditioned by then (bottling tonight) but I know I'll want to dig into one early to go along with my dessert. :)

Back