ebay aquarium temp controller build - Page 180 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Fermenters > ebay aquarium temp controller build

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #1791
Lucky_Chicken
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Bloomfield, IA
Posts: 795
Liked 37 Times on 27 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Ranged_Eskimo View Post
Anyone order their controller from Skiesmall360 with success? I'm going to try this out.
I did... havent gotten it yet, hopefully it works out my thermostat on the old fridge took a dump and im getting tired of frozen beer in my kegerator!



 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #1792
D_Ranged_Eskimo
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,326
Liked 124 Times on 123 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsims21 View Post
I did... havent gotten it yet, hopefully it works out my thermostat on the old fridge took a dump and im getting tired of frozen beer in my kegerator!
How long ago did you order it. He has the cheapest price on there, but mixtea seems to have good reviews on here. Just keep me posted.



 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #1793
belmontbrew
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Belmont
Posts: 77
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


For people who have built everything into a box, what did you do for strain relief on the main power cord and temperature probe cable?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #1794
corwin6654
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 108

I'd really be interested in building this if I could figure out how. Is there a parts list somewhere? I don't have the time or patience to go through 180 pages of comments to find them. Thanks for any help!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #1795
Lucky_Chicken
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Bloomfield, IA
Posts: 795
Liked 37 Times on 27 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Ranged_Eskimo View Post
How long ago did you order it. He has the cheapest price on there, but mixtea seems to have good reviews on here. Just keep me posted.
only been a couple days ago that I ordered it and I have already got a tracking number from USPS... I'll keep you posted on how long it takes.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #1796
D_Ranged_Eskimo
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,326
Liked 124 Times on 123 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsims21 View Post
only been a couple days ago that I ordered it and I have already got a tracking number from USPS... I'll keep you posted on how long it takes.
Thanks JT. I might pull the trigger on this after lunch.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #1797
android
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Ames, Iowa
Posts: 3,062
Liked 43 Times on 34 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontbrew View Post
For people who have built everything into a box, what did you do for strain relief on the main power cord and temperature probe cable?
i just wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the cord on the inside of the box so it couldn't escape, works just fine.
__________________
primary: APA

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #1798
android
Recipes 
 
Jan 2009
Ames, Iowa
Posts: 3,062
Liked 43 Times on 34 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by corwin6654 View Post
I'd really be interested in building this if I could figure out how. Is there a parts list somewhere? I don't have the time or patience to go through 180 pages of comments to find them. Thanks for any help!
i'm not sure if anyone has listed an official parts list, but all you need is:

an enclosure (radio shack box or similar)
an outlet
some 14 gauge wire (usually can use what you cut off the power cord)
a power cord (14 gauge), however long you think you need it to be
the temp controller
miscellaneous hand tools

the first page should give you all the photos and diagrams that you need.
__________________
primary: APA

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #1799
DeNomad
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Edmonton
Posts: 304
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by android View Post
i just wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the cord on the inside of the box so it couldn't escape, works just fine.
I just used a drill bit 1/32" smaller than the diameter of the extension cord wire. Interference fit holds it snug and it looks sharp.

The hole for the probe is loose but it looks fine.
__________________
What's on tap... I don't even keep track anymore.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #1800
krazydave
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Santa Clarita, California
Posts: 923
Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontbrew View Post
For people who have built everything into a box, what did you do for strain relief on the main power cord and temperature probe cable?
I used one of these from Lowe's
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-163849/index165.html#post3097530


If you go back a page or two from there, you'll see what it looks like.



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY temp controller build android DIY Projects 100 05-09-2013 01:14 PM
Control Fermentation temp with Aquarium Heater chemist308 General Techniques 20 12-15-2012 12:13 AM
question about "aquarium temperature controller" SamBrewer General Techniques 12 02-26-2011 07:30 PM
Attic Fan Temp Controller = Inexpensive Fermentation Controller???? Beernip General Techniques 5 06-16-2009 04:30 PM
Brutus Build Controller Box? gruversm Brew Stands 9 03-27-2009 03:54 AM


Forum Jump